Nepean, ON

1 recommendation

taytong888

Ben Affleck and Argo bother me as a Canadian

Here's why:

»www.philstar.com/breakin ··· cks-argo

Here's the fact about the 1979 rescue of 6 Americans in Teheran Iran:

»international.gc.ca/hist ··· g&view=d

I believe Ben Affleck does not want the truth to take the spotlight, fame and possibly future profit away from himself and the movie if it wins Oscar tomorrow night. I am not sure if Mr. Affleck and most Americans know or even remember that right after 9/11, because US airspace was shut down, Canada allowed US and other international flights to land in Gander, Newfoundland, and that local Canadians open their homes to stranded passengers.
taytong888

taytong888

Here's President Carter's comment about the movie Argo:

»www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=h ··· argo.cnn

FastiBook
join:2003-01-08
Newtown, PA

FastiBook to taytong888

to taytong888
I love canada.

Can you tell whomever is in charge to put a tim hortons in my town?
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

As someone who finds coffee gross and their donuts blah, I will never understand the whole Tim Horton's thing. Heaven forbid if you have to go to a place that located near a Tim Horton’s during the morning rush or during lunch time. Those places are a nightmare to maneuver around because too many stupid idiots are addicted to that tar water creating traffic hazards. Here in the Buffalo area there’s a Tim Horton’s every friggen half a mile just about. I will never understand the obsession.

If you want a Tim Horton’s in your area, open your own. I believe a franchise costs about $350K. Get a small business loan, put up a store and you’ll be rolling in profits in no time. As people love these places for whatever reason.

TuxRaiderPen2
Make America Great Again
join:2009-09-19

TuxRaiderPen2

said by Happydude32:
As someone who finds coffee gross and their donuts blah,
Coffee I agree with... nasty vile stuff... don't matter where it comes from .... . . but Tim Hortons on donuts... NO WAY!

They blow dunkin crap, and krispy krap out of the water! And I am surrounded by these crap places....

Tim Bits and Honey Glazed donuts RULE!! ! ! !

I'll take one in my area, but I think once the Canucks bought it back from Wendys, any/all US expansion was nixed... I surprised that the ones in OH around Columbus and that area are even still open... but as you say the place is a nightmare in the AM... Had to go to Dublin area for a meeting and every AM the TH was backed up on to a major N/S route just north of Wendys HQ at the TH.... went to the one a little further up and it was less chaos....

Tim Hortons RULES DONUTS!

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to Happydude32

Premium Member

to Happydude32
I like Dunkin Donuts coffee the best. I went to a hospital cafeteria for breakfast as my grandma was in the ER and that coffee was outright nasty. I ended up dumping it out. Normally I make my coffee at home using Dunkin Donuts K-cups in my Keurig.
Sukunai
Premium Member
join:2008-05-07

Sukunai to taytong888

Premium Member

to taytong888
Coffee is like chocolate, most people willingly eat the crappy versions because they won't pay the extra to get really good stuff.

Now me, I like Tim Horton's but it isn't for the coffee. But then again, I don't like coffee to begin with. I don't go there for the donuts either (although they are ok as donuts go).

So why go? I go because it is a clean friendly environment. And I like their hot chocolate. And I need the clean friendly environment and the hot chocolate to provide a rest stop because I go for long walks and it is just a place to relax before going back home (often via more shopping).

I also like Tim Horton's because they support our military. And until you can prove that Mc Cruds or Dunkin Junk does the same, I couldn't care less about their products.

Tim Horton's is also a good corporation to do business with at the franchise level.

Back to the movie. I NEVER expect Hollywood to give a flying fuck about historical accuracy. As far as Hollywood is concerned, the American viewing audience is too goddamned dumb to know the difference. Pretty insulting when you think of it eh. Maybe joe nobody American should get pissed off about that.

Oh and no one with a brain cares who gets the biased cliquish Oscar award. It has nothing to do with merit.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to TuxRaiderPen2

Premium Member

to TuxRaiderPen2
I’m not too big on donuts, but Tim Horton’s taste ‘fake’ to me. They have had some decent limited engagement speciality donuts like their S’Mores donut or the Strawberry Banana donut, but their regular variety is nothing spectacular. Krispy Kreme doughnuts are basically melt in your mouth, especially the plain glaze. Here we have a local bakery that completely destroys everyone else, their donuts are about twice the size as everyone else’s and packed with filling.

Tim Horton’s US expansion is certainly not dead, unless you mean expansion into new markets, then I’m not sure. Since last summer there are four new Tim Horton’s locations in my area that I know of, including one that just opened a few weeks ago that is less than two miles away from another one.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by Happydude32:

Tim Horton’s US expansion is certainly not dead, unless you mean expansion into new markets, then I’m not sure. Since last summer there are four new Tim Horton’s locations in my area that I know of, including one that just opened a few weeks ago that is less than two miles away from another one.

Info on US expansion:
»www2.macleans.ca/2013/02 ··· -states/

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium Member
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN

ARGONAUT to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
Dunkin' Donuts fan as well.
I use a single cup maker. »www.amazon.com/gp/produc ··· F8&psc=1
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to taytong888

Premium Member

to taytong888
They will never penetrate the New England market. New England is Dunkin's home turf.

Krispy Kreme has tried and failed.

Saw one open in CT somewhere once, was on a very busy road. lasted a year, closed, replaced by a Dunkins.

As for the movie rant...

It is Hollywood, Hollywood can many times forget there is a world outside of Southern California.
Sukunai
Premium Member
join:2008-05-07

1 recommendation

Sukunai

Premium Member

said by Kearnstd:

They will never penetrate the New England market. New England is Dunkin's home turf.

Krispy Kreme has tried and failed.

Saw one open in CT somewhere once, was on a very busy road. lasted a year, closed, replaced by a Dunkins.

As for the movie rant...

It is Hollywood, Hollywood can many times forget there is a world outside of Southern California.

"Hollywood can many times forget there is a world outside of Southern California."

I think you meant they have never had a clue outside of their own deluded pretend reality to the point they are not even in the same century as we are.