nathanroe72
I love torque

join:2010-01-15
Senecaville, OH
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Windstream

Speedtest latency is wrong???

Anyone else noticing that speedtest.net is showing a lower latency than what their actually getting? I've been noticing it all day today.

Dreaming of faster internet... But it will never happen as long as WS keeps their track record up.
--
WS is all about Money Talks, BS Walks. The customer gets screwed from both directions (billed and taxed) so the C-Level riffraff get the tailored suits, chauffeured cars, fine hotels and big cigars. Newsflash: Network is still broke!

Napsterbater
Meh
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA

Latency will differ to different locations, different paths different locations.

nathanroe72
I love torque

join:2010-01-15
Senecaville, OH
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to nathanroe72

I understand that, but regardless how can the latency be lower further up than the time it takes to reach the second hop? Granted they are a ton of variables that can make any network like a rollercoaster ride. But I tried another pc so if I got the same results so I'm thinking either flash or speedtest.net is the reason the latency is coming up 'lower' than other sources (ping, pingtest.net, cnlabs, etc).
--
WS is all about Money Talks, BS Walks. The customer gets screwed from both directions (billed and taxed) so the C-Level riffraff get the tailored suits, chauffeured cars, fine hotels and big cigars. Newsflash: Network is still broke!

Xander

join:2012-04-12
London, KY
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to nathanroe72

Click for full size
downloadTracert.pdf 50,580 bytes
To get a real latency results you should be using Tracerts or ping commands in CMD or a program like ping plotter,i have run test from CMD and compared them to Ping Plotter results,they were the same or 5ms difference.

I have run a tracert to the first hop outside of your house,and i also pinged the same address.