Search similar:

uniqs

marbles90
I love torque
join:2010-01-15
Senecaville, OH

marbles90

Speedtest latency is wrong???

Anyone else noticing that speedtest.net is showing a lower latency than what their actually getting? I've been noticing it all day today.

Dreaming of faster internet... But it will never happen as long as WS keeps their track record up.

Napsterbater
Meh
MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA

Napsterbater

MVM

Latency will differ to different locations, different paths different locations.

marbles90
I love torque
join:2010-01-15
Senecaville, OH

marbles90

I understand that, but regardless how can the latency be lower further up than the time it takes to reach the second hop? Granted they are a ton of variables that can make any network like a rollercoaster ride. But I tried another pc so if I got the same results so I'm thinking either flash or speedtest.net is the reason the latency is coming up 'lower' than other sources (ping, pingtest.net, cnlabs, etc).
Xander
join:2012-04-12
London, KY

Xander to marbles90

to marbles90
Click for full size
Tracert.pdf
50,580 bytes
To get a real latency results you should be using Tracerts or ping commands in CMD or a program like ping plotter,i have run test from CMD and compared them to Ping Plotter results,they were the same or 5ms difference.

I have run a tracert to the first hop outside of your house,and i also pinged the same address.