Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to Exodus

MVM

to Exodus

Re: Electric Bill

If it's any consolation, at least you don't have a natural gas bill...

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

said by Hall:

I did once. Had a brutal January and a home built in 1912 with 13 foot ceilings. $600 for the natural gas alone. It broke me.
Exodus

Exodus

Premium Member

Just found out my fridge was on the max setting, ugh. Turned it down to just a hair below the mid point and the disc is spinning at around 19 seconds per rotation.

Sounds like I need to replace the fridge and probably the dryer. The dryer has it running rapidly as well.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

said by Exodus:

The dryer has it running rapidly as well.

Replace the washer with a front loader to increase efficiency. Replacing the dryer will do nothing unless you change it to a gas dryer.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to Exodus

MVM

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

I did once. Had a brutal January and a home built in 1912 with 13 foot ceilings. $600 for the natural gas alone. It broke me.

Our house was built in 1913. Ceilings on the first floor are 10+ feet, 2nd floor they're not quite as high. Last month's gas bill was $118. That's about normal for winter here. I can see that last Jan my usage was slightly higher, but not much.

The gas company has nice analysis tools - tells me that for the last month, the average home paid $151/month.

We do have a reasonably new, high-efficient furnace and keep the thermostat no higher than 70 except on occasion will bump it to 72 for 1-2 cycles.

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA

aztecnology to Hall

Premium Member

to Hall
said by Hall:

I have a natural gas bill and its the only one I look forward to getting since I know its never more than about $30...

JustBurnt
@rr.com

JustBurnt to Hall

Anon

to Hall
said by Hall:

But a NG bill shouldn't be more than $200 or 300 for a house that size.