share rss forum feed

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3

harmony remotes Harmony 300

I love the harmony 300 remote. I am so disappointed that it seems to be obsolete now. I don't suppose there is something just as good for about $30 out there?

GeekNJ
Premium
join:2000-09-23
Waldwick, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
Might be worth try eBay for one if you have your heart set on that model.

Amazon also has them at »www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harmony-···03IZFCFW through non-Amazon partners for a reasonable cost.
--
Tweaked your connection? | Mail Parse | Speed Converter

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
Redford, MI

1 edit

Re: Harmony remotes Harmony 300

It is ironic that whats out there is worth more now ... proves their worth. I was wanting one for the 3rd TV.

Meijer had a place they hang in the store (empty), butt when the guy scanned the bar code, he claimed it says "return to vendor". None show up on their website either.

Even Geeks.com does not carry them - and they seem to be a major liquidator of technology.
Sears has it for double.

--

Jim, VoIP 12/2002, VOIPo 2/2007
FAH-Tool~Pets~Artist-247

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
Redford, MI
Well, I rarely need more than 3 devices so I went cheap and got a pair of Harmony 200 remotes.

The Main TV has the TV/cable/BluRay/Soundbar. The other three skip a soundbar. So now I have a pair of each for my 3 TVs (One spare).

I've never found anything better than Harmony. Their fancier brands need regular charging, and are overkill, in ability and price. I can picture a single person going overboard on one. But for consistency across many, the 300 was ideal.
--

FAH-Tool~Pets~Artist-247

Jason
Stowage Class Traveler
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-24
38.2967 Lat
I have a Harmony One, and love it.

I picked up a Logitec Playstation 3 adapter, and my One controls *everything* in my home theater. TV, DVR, Sound system, PS3, Boxee Box, HTPC, even the old VCR that we never use anymore.. Heh.

The Harmony line of remotes really seem to consistently rock.
--
When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
Redford, MI
The Harmony 200 did not work ... yet.
New, but batteries seemed dead.
With the batteries from a working 300, still did not seem to connect to the 200 devices.

That was on an XP. I'll try my WIN7 machine over the weekend.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
Redford, MI
W7 with silver light worked with H200.
One H200 keeps flashing the device buttons - must be defective.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
Redford, MI
said by Harmony Support :

Dear James,

Thank you for contacting Logitech Customer Care for incident number 130311-000522. My name is Rupert and I will be assisting you for this case.

I understand that your Logitech Harmony 200 remote is not working and the device buttons are blinking. I apologize for the inconvenience. I'll gladly assist you with your concern.

James, the device buttons of your Logitech Harmony 200 remote are blinking because it is in safemode. Please go through the steps below to troubleshoot the problem and solve the issue:

1. Remove the remotes battery.
2. Press and Hold the number 2 button while putting the batteries back in.
3. Sync your remote.

--

FAH-Tool~Pets~Artist-247

Body Count

join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH

1 recommendation

reply to usa2k

Re: harmony remotes Harmony 300

I have a Harmony One for my main livingroom TV that has a TV, Cable Box, Blu-Ray Player, Roku, and Home Theater System.

My bedroom I bought a Harmony 300 just two weeks ago from Amazon and I love it. It can't really do macros like my Harmony One can but it works at least. Have it for my TV, Blu-Ray, Cable Box, and Sound Bar.