MEDIAN2k3
Your Ad Here
Premium Member
join:2002-12-04
Howard Beach, NY

MEDIAN2k3

Premium Member

Re: CarMax vs. Good Ol Fashion Stealership

Getting financed was NOT easy, my dealer had to go thru hell and high water to get me the loan. One thing I will say is that Toyota Financial Services is a bit more easier to get financed with then other car banks.

They wanted to put me in a 2013 Corolla but I declined as I need the room for my family, plus truck is clean and was very well maintained.

RobNyc
Premium Member
join:2002-03-06
New York, NY

RobNyc

Premium Member

said by MEDIAN2k3:

Getting financed was NOT easy, my dealer had to go thru hell and high water to get me the loan. One thing I will say is that Toyota Financial Services is a bit more easier to get financed with then other car banks.

They wanted to put me in a 2013 Corolla but I declined as I need the room for my family, plus truck is clean and was very well maintained.

I got approved for $20,000 from Ford. I currently own a 2007 BMW 328xi sedan with 50,500 miles on the clock. Going to try to sell it privately first, or see how much dealers offer before I take it to carmax (60 miles away).
I really like the new ford edge since its not that much longer in size than my current car and thats exactly what I'm looking for a small convenient vehicle 4 door.
I like the Mustang as well but I hear their live-rear axle really s**Ks especially in wet/snow weather. So let's see if this 2014 mustang changes that.

I was really interested in the New Accord Coupe but its such a long coupe might as get the sedan but the features review it's so outdated still to this day.
I had a Cadillac STS V6 2006 before the BMW and was very happy with the car but sold it because already had 127,000 miles. So been attracted to the CTS Coupe and even the new ATS.

How would you be able to re-finance after a year?

mityfowl
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

mityfowl

Premium Member

said by RobNyc:

said by MEDIAN2k3:

I got approved for $20,000 from Ford. I currently own a 2007 BMW 328xi sedan with 50,500 miles on the clock. Going to try to sell it privately first, or see how much dealers offer before I take it to carmax (60 miles away).
I really like the new ford edge since its not that much longer in size than my current car and thats exactly what I'm looking for a small convenient vehicle 4 door.
I like the Mustang as well but I hear their live-rear axle really s**Ks especially in wet/snow weather. So let's see if this 2014 mustang changes that.

I was really interested in the New Accord Coupe but its such a long coupe might as get the sedan but the features review it's so outdated still to this day.
I had a Cadillac STS V6 2006 before the BMW and was very happy with the car but sold it because already had 127,000 miles. So been attracted to the CTS Coupe and even the new ATS.

How would you be able to re-finance after a year?

Good friend has a older 745 BMW and just bought a 2013 Accord EX.

Loves it. Loves not buying premium. Loves getting relatively good gas mileage.

Actually thinks it's bigger on the inside than the beemer.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

There is a lot of stuff in the Bimmer's - thigh and side seat bolsters take up a good bit of room as those bolsters are generally larger than on the Honda.

mityfowl
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

mityfowl

Premium Member

said by CylonRed:

There is a lot of stuff in the Bimmer's - thigh and side seat bolsters take up a good bit of room as those bolsters are generally larger than on the Honda.

Replacing the water cooled alternator in the BMW just about killed her.
itguy05
join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA

itguy05 to RobNyc

to RobNyc
said by RobNyc:

Has nothing to do with live/solid rear axle. It's the tires. Wide tires suck in the snow no matter what, and the Mustang has them. Best thing for any RWD car is good snow tires. Add a little weight to the trunk and you're golden. Got through many a PA/NJ winter like that in my Mustang and RWD G35.

Owning a couple Mustangs in PA/NJ winters you learn their quirks just like any other car. Ford has tweaked the live axle set up since 1964 and it will hang with much more expensive and complicated cars now.

I really don't expect any difference in the axles nest year. They dabbled with IRS in the late 90's and it wasn't that successful.