how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

excox

join:2013-02-24
Phoenix, AZ

[AZ] I still want my drop removed

Oddly enough...My drop is not even attached to my house... it simply hangs down the pole. Cox refused to talk to me about their substandard internet service. So, I swapped to the local telco. then I remove the drop, house box, and all cables from my home. Oddly enough I can't seem to get them to remove the cable they have hanging from the pole. I believe I have been more than nice and professional with everyone at Cox that I have dealt with...perhaps they think I am a pushover and not worthy of listening too. Well, for starters they lost one customer. Two...I think I will take pictures of all the techs that work in this area. Quality is clearly of no concern or I'd still be a customer. Perhaps some pictures sent to OSHA of their tech not wearing any safety gear will get their attention. It at least will get them to remove my drop.

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3
Did you not already write a post on this?

»[AZ] what does it take to get drop removed?

bchandler02

join:2011-07-08
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to excox
Why is it so critical that they remove it? Just disconnect it at the box on your house and life goes on. If they remove it, they have to reestablish it if you or someone else at your address down the line wants service. I wouldn't want to incur that cost as a business if I didn't have to.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to excox
At lot of installers and pole climbers are contractors, not direct Cox employees...so they won't give a crap about your calls to OSHA.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to excox
said by excox:

Oddly enough...My drop is not even attached to my house... it simply hangs down the pole. Cox refused to talk to me about their substandard internet service. So, I swapped to the local telco. then I remove the drop, house box, and all cables from my home. Oddly enough I can't seem to get them to remove the cable they have hanging from the pole. I believe I have been more than nice and professional with everyone at Cox that I have dealt with...perhaps they think I am a pushover and not worthy of listening too. Well, for starters they lost one customer. Two...I think I will take pictures of all the techs that work in this area. Quality is clearly of no concern or I'd still be a customer. Perhaps some pictures sent to OSHA of their tech not wearing any safety gear will get their attention. It at least will get them to remove my drop.

you'll quickly tire of centurystink subpar service. you'll be back.
--
Despises any post with strings.

thedunlap

join:2005-01-31
Gainesville, FL
reply to excox
While, I couldn't in good-faith recommend doing this, but if a weed wacker were to cut into that cable the noise/leakage would in all likely-hood require Cox to remove the cable.

Anonguy

@cox.net
If the service has been disconnected there is no signal to leak.

Optimus2357
Premium
West Warwick, RI
reply to thedunlap
Yes, its also likely to cause problems for your entire neighborhood, and depending on the drop, could kill you. Some drops also run electrical for any Cox equipment on the side of the house.

F430

@qwest.net
reply to dvd536
quote:
you'll quickly tire of centurystink subpar service. you'll be back.
Right. A few Cox supporters told me that 3 years ago when I switched to Qwest (now CenturyLink). We are still getting the speed Qwest promised - something which never happened with Cox. And much better reliability then we ever had with Cox.

Just like CenturyLink Cox varies from place to place. We are in one of Cox's poorer service areas.

m33crob

join:2013-02-06
Phoenix, AZ
reply to excox
I'm not telling you to do this, but if a "bunny ears" type of antenna where somehow attached to that cable, you can bet that either the FCC or Cox will be there very promptly to remove the line.....

Optimus2357
Premium
West Warwick, RI
Why do people keep suggesting these kind of things? You do know that if your putting enough ingress into the line for them to notice it, your basically causing problems for everyone in your area, right? I find these suggestions spiteful and irresponsible. All you really have to do is call Cox and tell them you are doing construction and need the drop removed and will call back later to get it reconnected.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA
reply to skeechan
said by skeechan:

so they won't give a crap about your calls to OSHA.

Excuse me this author is right i wouldn't let NO ONE, on my property from cox or Contractors with out a Helmet, Liability.

nmlobo

join:2002-11-02
Yorktown, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
Many companies have a legal right to enter your property -- phone co., gas co., electric co., water, cable, etc. I think you would have a difficult time stopping them. Does your meter reader (electric or water) who enters your property on a regular basis, wear a hard hat/helmet?
Expand your moderator at work

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
reply to 08034016

Re: [AZ] I still want my drop removed

That still doesn't have anything to do with Cox. That is between you and the contractor.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA
said by skeechan:

That still doesn't have anything to do with Cox. That is between you and the contractor.

Put it this way any Cox/ employee or Contractor without a helmet will be turned away Immediately.

You can get sued from that person if they hurt themselves like this person did and it was their Job.
»boston.cbslocal.com/2012/02/24/n···meowner/

There's many more cases like this
--
Holocaust survivors and their family's fill this out.
»online.ushmm.org/registry/update···form.php

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
Anyone can be sued for anything and you can not legally deny access to the easement. They could sue you for damages cause by denial of access and it would be Cox doing it. Meanwhile potential injury is what homeowner's insurance is for.

Pist

join:2007-12-30
Broken Arrow, OK
reply to excox
I would report low hanging cable line to cox and ask them to come out and take care of it, when tech comes out demand he remove it from your house.

If that doesn't work, i would cut it and tie it to the telephone pole and be done with it.

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
Find a neighbor who is STILL with COX to call in a repair ticket, this is the easiest solution. Let them complain of cosmetics.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA
reply to skeechan
said by skeechan:

Anyone can be sued for anything and you can not legally deny access to the easement.

You cant Trespass on someones land and do any work without them home,If anyone does trespass county Jail.

That's why its important for anyone here if you need work done have Cox come out when you're Home Otherwise Deny them entry.
--

Optimus2357
Premium
West Warwick, RI
Which law are you quoting?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
reply to 08034016
You need to look up the definition of an easement.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA
said by skeechan:

You need to look up the definition of an easement.

unless they have an "Easement" To my property its Criminal trespassing.

which they dont.

i told my Electric Company not to service the neighbors transformer on my property it was easier for them not now.
--

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
If they have equipment on your property or need access to your property you reach their equipment, they have an easement. If they don't, you are getting excited for no reason as they will never be on your property for any reason.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA
said by skeechan:

If they have equipment on your property or need access to your property you reach their equipment, they have an easement. If they don't, you are getting excited for no reason as they will never be on your property for any reason.

If am not Home they will be refused entry for legal reasons....

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:16
said by 08034016:

How? Will someone else be home to refuse them?

Anonguy

@cox.net
reply to 08034016
said by 08034016:

said by skeechan:

Anyone can be sued for anything and you can not legally deny access to the easement.

That's why its important for anyone here if you need work done have Cox come out when you're Home Otherwise Deny them entry.

How would you deny them entry if you are not home?

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA
reply to DrDrew
said by DrDrew:

said by 08034016:

How? Will someone else be home to refuse them?

That's for me to know!!!!