spc
Search similar:

uniqs
AngryDallas
join:2010-12-06
Dallas, TX

AngryDallas

I wasn't sure where to post this!

Does this mean AT&T is going to pass on the higher cost of paying their employees to their customers: us?

»dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/02 ··· enefits/

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

Don't businesses normally pay their employees with money made through sales/service?

/M
Frodo
join:2006-05-05

Frodo to AngryDallas

to AngryDallas
said by AngryDallas:

Does this mean AT&T is going to pass on the higher cost of paying their employees to their customers: us?

I think that they're going to get some people to masquerade as Salvation Army santa clauses and solicit donations at department stores.

Seriously, I suppose that costs could be passed along to customers, but since this is the wireless contract, that might be just wireless customers. Meanwhile technology will improve, which will mean that AT&T can get more done with less people. The "36 state" thing was the tip off that it was the wireless contract.
»finance.yahoo.com/news/t ··· 893.html

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to AngryDallas

MVM

to AngryDallas
said by AngryDallas:

Economics 101. Sally has a lemonade stand by the sidewalk in front of her parents' house. She sells lemonade by the paper cup for a nickel a cup. She calculated her price based on the cost of the Dixie cups, the lemon powder supplier, and the bottled water from her parents' house. She manages to keep a few nickels for herself at the end of the day. But one day, each of her suppliers raised their prices enough that she will be a nickel short of covering costs at the end of the day.

Sally can:

• Get on her knees at bedtime and pray to the High Sky Fairy that an armored car with an insecure door will drop a few rolls of nickels as it passes by her stand.

• Use her savings to by lottery tickets, in case the High Sky Fairy might have the lotto agent provide her with tickets having the winning numbers.

• Close the stand.

• Raise the price.