join:2008-05-20
Phoenix, AZ
ARRIS SB8200
MikroTik CCR1036-8G-2S+

xymox1 to ikyuaoki

Premium Member

to ikyuaoki

Re: Cox speed upgrade degraded my service

i dont understand how you can change registery settings to get load balancing. How do you connect 2 modems to one network ? Each modem is going to need to do DHCP. So your running without a router then ? So no NAT and therefore one one computer connected to the modem(s). I just dont see how that could work at all. I *suppose* a computer could do dual NIC's with a modem on each nic. Then sure I *suppose* its possible for win do have some way to load balance.

But thats a very one computer solution. I have more then one device I need connected to my network and need NAT. So the correct way is to use a router that can be setup to do load balancing along with NAT and a firewall, DNS caching server and other things.

Yea I dont understand that at all. Can you provide a link on exactly what your doing. I was unable to find any references to this at all using google.

ikyuaoki
join:2011-04-12
Wichita, KS

4 edits

ikyuaoki

I just connected the two modems to the virtual two network group of my computer to provide the aggregate the load balancing group.

if you want to have the virtual group over the two ethernet network cards be connected, you may want to edit the registry editor settings:

navigate it through the hives: Computer ---> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ---> SYSTEM ---> CurrentControlSet ---> services ---> NetBT ---> Paramenters.

if there is no value both Randomadapter and SingleResponse keys entries existed then add RandomAdapter and modify it to 1 value, add SingleResponse and modify it to 1 value.

if you are done with configuring the load balance setup then it will prompt requires you to reboot your PC.

Also, here's the link about creating the load balancing network adapter if you have two ethernet cards or more in the one system computer console.

http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/951/

http://smallvoid.com/article/winnt-network-load.html

here's another note: having enabled the SingleResponse to send just one address for each NIC for WINS qeurying. if the WINS is not required for this configuration, you may want to disable the SingleResponse to 0 value as it will do send all packets across the NIC adapters in bounded group.
ikyuaoki

ikyuaoki to xymox1

to xymox1
said by xymox1:

i dont understand how you can change registery settings to get load balancing. How do you connect 2 modems to one network ? Each modem is going to need to do DHCP. So your running without a router then ? So no NAT and therefore one one computer connected to the modem(s). I just dont see how that could work at all. I *suppose* a computer could do dual NIC's with a modem on each nic. Then sure I *suppose* its possible for win do have some way to load balance.

yea, both the two modems do DHCP and i am running without router hardware required and that's it.

there's the advanced security firewall rules is available for windows 7 and above that do some NAT.

it is possible to run the dual NIC in one system computer if you followed the proper load balance setup correctly.