spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ornulf67

@getinternet.no

USG 100 Throughput

Hi, I have a 100/100Mb internet access. Using av USG 100 as firewall. Using Speedtest.net I only get 20/34 Mb, and using iTunes "rent movie" i not working, and internet is generally slow. Connecting directly to the WAN from a PC I get 95/95mb on Speedtest.net. Disconnecting all LAN/DMZ from the USG 100, and using the PC directly to the LAN i get the same result 20/34 Mb.

Kirby Smith

join:2001-01-26
Derry, NH
Reviews:
·Fairpoint Commun..
Do you have antivirus or intrusion detection or other USG filters turned on (paid subscriptions)? These significantly degrade bandwidth, to the kind of levels you report.

I don't know anything about iTunes movie rental, but maybe it tries to use UPNP, which the USGs don't support. You would probably have to open a port for it, and maybe set the iTunes preferences for the same port number. A search on iTunes and ports might yield some clues.

kirby

Brano
I hate Vogons
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
kudos:11
reply to ornulf67
As already mentioned, do you have any UTM services enabled?
See here how UTM services degrade the throughput »USG200 speed tests #3

jack s

@charter.com
This design works well and the software is great. However the hardware really needs an update. It might have been adequate 4 or 5 years ago but is substandard for the increasing throughput of modern systems

hardstyler

join:2013-02-17
italy
reply to ornulf67

please read this! It really helps you!

Hi! Read the first post »USG 100 REAL THROUGHPUT

Here I explain how usg 100 works by my personal experience!