uniqs
share rss forum feed

technut74

@optonline.net

[OOL] Cablevision finally fixed my speed....very happy now

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
good for you. here's a cookie https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/Choco_chip_cookie.jpg
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

Rojo

join:2009-04-14
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to technut74
Good for you (minus the half-baked sarcasm)

technut74

@optonline.net
reply to technut74

MY UPLOAD SPEED IT DRIVING ME UP A WALL!!!
This is boost plus?...
I dont know what else to do...I have called cablevision 4-5 times in the last two weeks...this problem is not getting resolved...someone help!

technut74

@optonline.net
reply to MxxCon

Re: [OOL] Cablevision finally fixed my speed...spoke too soon!!!

It is 6:07PM here in NY and this is the speeds I am getting now. My upload extremely slow....this happens everyday around this time. I have called cablevision 4 times in the last two weeks and they keep telling me it is a plant issue. Nothing is getting resolved. I am on boost plus.

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Optimum Online
reply to technut74

Re: [OOL] Cablevision finally fixed my speed....very happy now

My guess is congestion on the upload channel. Need a node split to resolve, or CV could start using different upload channels for different tiers which may help, or start upload channel bonding.

If my guess is correct, they are not going to be able to do much for you right now.

I could be wrong - ever have a tech visit while the upload speed is low? You may also post in the direct forum and see if they can take a look for you.
--
NOTHING justifies terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists. Those that support terrorists are terrorists.

technut74

@optonline.net
reply to technut74
it is 8:31pm and it is getting worst...
In the last two weeks I have had two techs visit and they both tell me the same thing..."your lines are fine, your splitters are fine...the problem is at the plant"

This is boost plus?

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Premium,Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky
kudos:3
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·Optimum Online

1 recommendation

You're going to need to call up - reference the 2 visits (hopefully you have the paperwork you signed when the techs came?) - and make sure this has been escalated to the "outside plant" group.

I had this happen 2x, and both times it was resolved within a couple days after the "outside plant" tickets were opened.
--
Ad astra per alas porci!!

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to technut74
said by technut74 :

it is 8:31pm and it is getting worst...
In the last two weeks I have had two techs visit and they both tell me the same thing..."your lines are fine, your splitters are fine...the problem is at the plant"
[att=1]
This is boost plus?

Near-zero upload speeds are almost always some sort of ingress or other related field issue. It seems like your house was cleared by techs, so as was suggested, be sure that the tech (or support rep) has escalated accordingly.

amf1932

join:2000-03-31
Brooklyn, NY
reply to technut74
I have the same problem for the past month. I have already had 4 techs to my house. The modem was changed twice. Both were Arris TM822 modems. It turns out that the modems were not the problem! It was escalated to the field people and I'm still waiting. My speeds at the moment are approximately 59mb/s down, and 2.20mb/s up.
Do you or anybody that is using the Arris TM822 modem have the upload light solid green instead of yellow? I ask this because in the Arris specs it says, "Solid green during normal operation." I have Boost + service.

majortom1029

join:2006-10-19
Lindenhurst, NY
kudos:1
The upload light is supposed to be orange. Green means channel bonding. Cablevision has yet to deploy channel bonding on the upload.

root

join:2002-12-11
reply to amf1932
said by amf1932:

I have the same problem for the past month. I have already had 4 techs to my house. The modem was changed twice. Both were Arris TM822 modems. It turns out that the modems were not the problem! It was escalated to the field people and I'm still waiting. My speeds at the moment are approximately 59mb/s down, and 2.20mb/s up.
Do you or anybody that is using the Arris TM822 modem have the upload light solid green instead of yellow? I ask this because in the Arris specs it says, "Solid green during normal operation." I have Boost + service.

Solid yellow on upload means there is only one channel available for upload. Green would indicate multiple bonded channels on upload which Cablevision does not support at this time. The lights are functioning normal.