uniqs
share rss forum feed

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

1 edit

[S@H] Seti Servers down again?

I updated my OS to Win 7 Pro on Friday night. Got some work units and the last 2 days I have not been able to upload any results or get new work.

This morning I got a notice that a Group Policy prevented the connection. I only set one Local Policy to prevent popups from Avira AV but I set no other local polices. After this notice I set an Application Control Policy to allow anything in the BOINC folder to Allowed for everyone.

I have not set any other policies - local or group and this is on a local network and not on a Domain in any way.

Any idea on where else I need to look to fix the problem? UAC has been turned off.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

KoshVorlon
B B R
Premium,Mod
join:2000-06-28
Babylon 5
Looks like they have issues again. April Fools day joke gone bad?

I got stats from them on 03/31/2012, but nothing since. I checked the web site to see if they had new posted. I can't get to their main page or any sub-pages. Looks like everything is offline.
--

Game Server Admin
BroadbandGaming
BroadbandFiles

I'm not smart, the voices in my head are.

parkut
Crunch Addict
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-15
Harrison Township, MI
kudos:7
reply to CylonRed
They are relocating all servers to a co-location facility nearby. The outage is expected to be several days.

KoshVorlon
B B R
Premium,Mod
join:2000-06-28
Babylon 5
reply to CylonRed
Thanks for the note. I hope this means things will get better for all the non-hardware reasons things seem to crash ad Berkeley.

I would love to win that bid, and put them in our colo so I could help keep things moving. Wonder if they would ever consider a cloud environment.
--

Game Server Admin
BroadbandGaming
BroadbandFiles

I'm not smart, the voices in my head are.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
reply to parkut
said by parkut:

They are relocating all servers to a co-location facility nearby. The outage is expected to be several days.

Thanks for the information - at least I will shut down Seti for a bit then....
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
reply to KoshVorlon
At least it looks like we have stats today...

parkut
Crunch Addict
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-15
Harrison Township, MI
kudos:7
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·WOW Internet and..
reply to CylonRed
Looks like they are starting to come back online. I noticed some work was successfully uploaded today..

»setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_us···d=122079
--
Hello, my name is Bill and I'm a crunchaholic...

Proud to be hosting six Crunchenstein blades, and three Foldinator blades

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
Yep - I have work - I thought I saw uploading but I had not checked to make sure... Nice to see they were not down as long as they thought.
--
Brian