uniqs
Expand your moderator at work

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to koira

to koira

Re: [Weather] Feb 26 & 27 Storm potential ON and PQ

in Scarborough it still freezing rain/light snow. Its a mess on the side roads.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to koira

Premium Member

to koira
Aaand touch down in Montreal.
Everything just turned white in a couple of seconds.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira

Premium Member

said by ekster:

Aaand touch down in Montreal.
Everything just turned white in a couple of seconds.

Slop is still falling here in Mississauga.
It was like jello through the snow blower this morning.
This storm reminds me of weather on the west coast like at the base of Whistler Blackcomb
Anyways, Good luck Montrealers, I heard Ottawa got at least 20 cm out of it so far.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to koira

to koira
Raining up here in River City...

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut to koira

Anon

to koira
I just finished doing my driveway and sidewalk in Mississauga. The blower had a hell of a time cutting thru that slop. I'm glad mine's a Honda cause anything less would have broken down for sure.

At least this time the city didn't wait til midnight to plow my street. The curbside is a lake. I really need to buy myself a pair of good rubber boots if we're gonna get any more weather like today.

Right now, it's still coming down pretty much as sleet and melting as soon as it hits the ground.

Weather Network says Friday, Saturday we're back into the deep freeze so you'd all best clean up before this crap freezes solid.

Whatever you do, don't count on all of this melting away in a few days.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009 to koira

to koira
Still snowing in Ottawa.

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut

Anon

From what I can see on the weather radar it looks like we're due for a second wave in the next day or so.

»radar.weather.gov/Conus/ ··· loop.php
Robrr
join:2008-04-19

Robrr

Current long range says clear from Friday until Tuesday. I'm sure I can shorten that up however by washing my truck this weekend.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to lugnut

Premium Member

to lugnut
It had thawed enough so I could cut through the snow/ice at the curb and create a channel for the water to drain. Nothing is going to pool at the bottom my driveway.

Toronto is horrible at cleaning snow. I was out cleaning up, and the sidewalk plow went down the opposite side of the street, ignored my side.

The the main plow came through, and most people had their cars off the street, i urged the operator to take out the snow banks at the edge of my property, but a F'n BHELL truck , illegally parked, prevented it..

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to koira

Premium Member

to koira
Wasn't too bad around here, it was wet & heavy but at most only 2-3" high. Given the EC ravings I expected more.
Walter Dnes
join:2008-01-27
Thornhill, ON

Walter Dnes to koira

to koira
A couple of inches of wet heavy snow, net, near Dufferin+Steeles. I say "net", because quite a bit more fell, but melted. The snow almost stopped after this morning, but it's started up again, light to moderate.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Yep coming down here in Scarborough now. Staying on the ground too.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to koira

Mod

to koira
The estimates were 5-10 for today and the same for tonight, but I think we've had at least 15 so far today and it's wet heavy stuff. There are collisions all over the city because, apparently, people seem to lack the common sense to (a) clean off their windows AND roof AND trunk/hood before driving, and (b) slow the **** down.

What a mess.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to koira

Premium Member

to koira
it's snowing here.

almost 0.1" so far. we may need to call the army to sweep my driveway with a broom.

StyxKee
join:2001-07-05
GTA, Canada

StyxKee

said by urbanriot:

it's snowing here.

almost 0.1" so far. we may need to call the army to sweep my driveway with a broom.

As it was quoted on the radio, the joke has passed, way passed the expiry date. Move along.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009

said by StyxKee:

said by urbanriot:

it's snowing here.

As it was quoted on the radio, the joke has passed, way passed the expiry date. Move along.

That joke will never get old.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00

Premium Member

Trust me, it's old and expired.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009

said by Wolfie00:

Only to those who live in Toronto. It's something that will never be lived down.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Mike2009:

said by Wolfie00:

Only to those who live in Toronto. It's something that will never be lived down.

Perhaps when the army comes to help another city.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

1 recommendation

Kardinal to StyxKee

Mod

to StyxKee
said by StyxKee:

Only to Torontoids; the rest of us will be laughing at for years to come. Decades, more like. It's that damn funny.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to StyxKee

to StyxKee
said by StyxKee:

It expires when we say it expires.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal to HiVolt

Mod

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Perhaps when the army comes to help another city that should be able to handle snow like a good Canadian city can.

FIFY.

We had the army here in '98 for the ice storm, but that was a good deal more serious than "the subway isn't running and some streets aren't getting plowed".

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to koira

Premium Member

to koira
I expect I'll still be busting Toronto's balls about Snowpocalypse for the next decade...

What the
@videotron.ca

What the to peterboro

Anon

to peterboro
said by peterboro:

said by StyxKee:

It expires when we say it expires.

Joke? It was all a joke? It never happened?

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00 to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

said by Wolfie00:

I don't live in Toronto.

OTOH, I don't live in a place that has reason to harbour jealous resentments against Toronto, either.