Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to BACONATOR26

Premium Member

to BACONATOR26

Re: TekSavvy - not answring valid concerns

said by BACONATOR26:

IIRC You can only reliably get around 20 Mbps on a D2 cable network assuming a number of customers per node but this is definitely true in Rogers areas.

I push the full 28 with no problems on my old SB5100, on Rogers

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

said by BACONATOR26:

IIRC You can only reliably get around 20 Mbps on a D2 cable network assuming a number of customers per node but this is definitely true in Rogers areas.

That could be true in your case, I wouldn't argue that but many nodes have seen a lot of increased usage with the higher tiers to the point where some customers can barely use a D2 modem.

mazhurg
Premium Member
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON

mazhurg

Premium Member

said by BACONATOR26:

said by elwoodblues:

said by BACONATOR26:

That could be true in your case, I wouldn't argue that but many nodes have seen a lot of increased usage with the higher tiers to the point where some customers can barely use a D2 modem.

Actually it's because he lives in the boonies and has no neighbours (or has threatened mischief if they dared get on the net at the same time)...

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by mazhurg:

Actually it's because he lives in the boonies and has no neighbours (or has threatened mischief if they dared get on the net at the same time)...

I live in SW Scarborough,hardly the boonies.
Viper359
Premium Member
join:2006-09-17
Scarborough, ON

Viper359

Premium Member

Hey, to the rest of Toronto, we live in the boonies mate!