uniqs
share rss forum feed

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
Premium,MVM
join:2008-01-16
Chandler, AZ
kudos:1

getting around to posting my home office...

Click for full size
Click for full size
here's a few shots of my home office. i don't have an 'official' office at work -- so most of my work is done here or onsite.

the first image is as you walk in to the room. wireless printer, my dell 23" monitor being run by my hp8560p running linux mint 14 cinnamon x64. i have vmware installed for the stuff that i have to.

the 32" screen on the wall is driven by another laptop (hp 6530b) running linux mint 13 cinnamon x64. its hidden in a drawer in the desk. this laptop runs my audio, customer diagrams, and my server 2008 print/dns/dhcp server for the house.

folded behind the keyboard is my 13" macbook air. its my travel machine -- as most of the time i can get what i need to done on this laptop -- but when i'm home its plugged in and ready to be moved around the house.

the second shot is more of the same -- but also captures my ccie lab that i'm practicing on for my lab attempt at the end of march. its (6) c1841, (3) c2811, (1) c3550-emi, (1) c3560-emi, and (2) 2960.

[edited to actually add the images]

q.
--
"...if I in my north room dance naked, grotesquely before my mirror waving my shirt round my head and singing softly to myself..."

sk1939
Premium
join:2010-10-23
Mclean, VA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon FiOS

said by tubbynet:

here's a few shots of my home office. i don't have an 'official' office at work -- so most of my work is done here or onsite.

the first image is as you walk in to the room. wireless printer, my dell 23" monitor being run by my hp8560p running linux mint 14 cinnamon x64. i have vmware installed for the stuff that i have to.

the 32" screen on the wall is driven by another laptop (hp 6530b) running linux mint 13 cinnamon x64. its hidden in a drawer in the desk. this laptop runs my audio, customer diagrams, and my server 2008 print/dns/dhcp server for the house.

folded behind the keyboard is my 13" macbook air. its my travel machine -- as most of the time i can get what i need to done on this laptop -- but when i'm home its plugged in and ready to be moved around the house.

the second shot is more of the same -- but also captures my ccie lab that i'm practicing on for my lab attempt at the end of march. its (6) c1841, (3) c2811, (1) c3550-emi, (1) c3560-emi, and (2) 2960.

[edited to actually add the images]

q.

Why 6 of the 1841's instead of one of the older series?

Good luck on your lab by the way, I know I keep putting off my lab date.

tubbynet
Premium,MVM
Chandler, AZ

said by sk1939:

its what i have available to me.
routing is routing -- minus some of the platform idiosyncrasies.

q.
--
"...if I in my north room dance naked, grotesquely before my mirror waving my shirt round my head and singing softly to myself..."

sk1939
Premium
Mclean, VA
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon FiOS

said by tubbynet:

said by sk1939:

its what i have available to me.
routing is routing -- minus some of the platform idiosyncrasies.

q.

Makes sense. Have you looked at renting lab time at all? I know someone who did it that way too.

tubbynet
Premium,MVM
Chandler, AZ

said by sk1939:

Makes sense. Have you looked at renting lab time at all? I know someone who did it that way too.

it is a little pricey -- and they rent it in 8 hour blocks. i don't have the time to dedicate to all of that at once.
this way i get to have it running and if i get 15 minutes to work through part of a technology lab -- i'm better for it.
this works on my schedule.

q.
--

sk1939
Premium
Mclean, VA

True, having your own equipment allows you to be more flexible. It's unfortunate that the Nexus equipment is so pricey still in my case; I have to rent lab time. Are you running 15.X or 12.4 still?

tubbynet
Premium,MVM
Chandler, AZ
reply to tubbynet

Click for full size
updated the office with a second dell e2311h.
the macbook air sits off to the side. all (3) devices are interconnected using synergy.

q.
--