Libra
Premium
join:2003-08-06
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

DVR 7232 has taped a program that is not viewable

Has anyone ever experienced this? On one multi-room DVR we have taped a program (manually and also via the Series Manager). When we attempt to view it, it shows up on the DVR Menu and shows the proper time. When we click on it to play we get the bottom scroll with a black screen, then it goes to the play, delete, etc. screen - but it cannot be viewed. Also, recently when we pressed "play" it seemed like it was going to play, but it just went back to the tv station previously viewed.

We have two multi-room dvrs both of them 7232, but this is happening only on one.

(I called Verizon about this once. He wasn't able to help me view it and didn't know what caused it, but reset things so I could record from a regular set top box, which was also happening the first time this occurred.)

Is anyone familiar with this and is there a fix?

Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

It's happened to me once or twice but not more than that and not repeatable. I chalked it up to 'just one of those things'.

Is it happening for all recordings on that DVR? Do you have an external HD?

HenryFarpolo
Premium
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA
reply to Libra

It happened to me yesterday on three different shows. Tried everything to repair and finally deleted them. Other shows on the same DVR were fine.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to Libra

It has happened to me a couple times in the past, but not recently. I'm not aware of any fix as it seems to be a random glitch.

Cablefish

join:2002-01-19
Toms River, NJ
reply to Libra

This just started happening to me exactly as the OP says. One of my series of recordings seems to be totally messed up. While single recordings such as the NASCAR race worked out fine.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

I've had an issue during playback if I'm pressing skip and the video goes from the cable channel's programming to a local cable ad that sometimes the video pauses and goes back to the menu and you have to start at the beginning unless you skip past the local ads.

marathonmike
Beer. You can only rent it

join:2001-12-12
Princeton, NJ
reply to Libra

Had it happen a couple of times when we made a mistake and told it to record an HD channel that we don't get. Everything looks ok, but screen is just black on playback.
--
Go desiel

Libra
Premium
join:2003-08-06
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Libra

Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm glad to say that this has only occurred randomly. We only have fios since September and I'd say it has happened about 4 times. The reason I questioned it here is because it happened to one of my shows recently and my daughter mentioned it happening to a show she recorded. I think they both recorded on February 13 so maybe something was going on with the fios.

What happens is it appears to go into a loop and switches from appearing to start the program to going back to the screen that says "play, delete, keep until ..."; or it just bounces to the "play" options and goes to regular programming.

It doesn't happen to everything recorded and I don't have an external HD. Also, to save space we record everything in SD.

Again, thank you for your replies. At least I know I'm not the only one experiencing this and hopefully the occurrences will stay at a minimum.

Sincerely, Libra