how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sklett

join:2013-02-22
Orange, CA
reply to robbin

Re: Determined to get data access - will my plan work?

said by robbin:

That's why I suggested the topic be moved from the WISP providers forum (it is now in the Wireless Users forum). WISPs do not provide AT&T service nor do we operate on their frequencies nor do we use the type of equipment that they use.

OK, understood. I thought I was in the provider forum but I see you are absolutely correct that I'm in the users forum.

@moderator: Can you please move this thread to "Forums > Industry Forums > Wireless Service Providers"? I don't see a way for me to move it myself.

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
kudos:1
said by sklett:

@moderator: Can you please move this thread to "Forums > Industry Forums > Wireless Service Providers"? I don't see a way for me to move it myself.

No, you don't understand. You have already been moved out of the WISP forum -- we have nothing to do with AT&T or cellular service.
Expand your moderator at work

sklett

join:2013-02-22
Orange, CA
reply to robbin

Re: Determined to get data access - will my plan work?

said by robbin:

said by sklett:

No, you don't understand. You have already been moved out of the WISP forum -- we have nothing to do with AT&T or cellular service.

You're right, I don't understand. I didn't realize it was moved.

superdog
I Need A Drink
Premium,MVM
join:2001-07-13
Lebanon, PA

1 edit
reply to Anon
said by sklett:

If we can, let's move this to the "hypotethical" realm for the remainder of the thread?

After this comment, all of us professionals now understand what you mean by it. You want us to explain how to do it under the pretense that you wont do it and you are just curious how it would work. Since none of us were born yesterday, we all know you WILL use whatever information we give you and try to make something illegal work.

While you may not care about FCC rules? We do. The FCC dictates a set of rules that we must follow as professional wireless operators. They also dictate what you the individual must follow. The last thing that any of us want is to help you break the law, no matter how insignificant you may think those rules are.

I do understand what you want to do and why you want to do it. I was in your position myself many years ago. I solved my problem by starting a WISP. I also followed all of the rules when doing it.

If everyone just did whatever they wanted with radio gear, it would be chaos and nothing would transmit or receive. AT&T paid millions of $$ for the frequency that got that 3G into the location your friends phone picked it up at.

With that in mind, your experiment with an amp and 2 yagis may cause enough issues to crush the entire CO your location is at. If what I have posted here about your intentions are wrong? My apologies. If they are correct? I am asking you nicely to please reconsider trying any crazy ideas. It could get you in some serious trouble if it causes problems and is found. If you think that AT&T wouldn't sue you for interrupting their licensed frequency and stopping their customers from using a paid service? you would be wrong.

I am NOT trying to anger you. I am just trying to make you understand why none of us will help you and why you are getting some very ugly responses.
--
»www.wavecrazy.net

kf6ytc

join:2002-03-26
Turlock, CA

1 edit
did you guys even read the link provided??? it's not illegal, just MAY require prior authorization...