battery life

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2

1 recommendation

My sprint phone chews battery like a fat chick through Häagen-Dazs. My AT&T iP5 sipped the juice.

mityfowl
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX
reply to Rojo
Compared to my 3gs the 5 is a sipper

Ctrl Alt Del
Premium
join:2002-02-18
kudos:1
reply to skeechan
said by skeechan:

My sprint phone chews battery like a fat chick through Häagen-Dazs. My AT&T iP5 sipped the juice.

Shit, I'm noticing this myself but thought it was just me. I have a work iPhone 4S on AT&T and a personal iPhone 5 on Sprint. The AT&T lasts 3 days, the Sprint lasts slightly more than 1. But I get significantly more signal with AT&T where I work due to a tower directly on base.
--
less talk, more music

mityfowl
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX
reply to Rojo
My i 5 is on LTE mostly and I have turned off WiFi.

That could be a difference.

Ctrl Alt Del
Premium
join:2002-02-18
kudos:1
I only have 3G at home, patches of 2G-3G-LTE on my drive to work, and one bar of 3G at work. I know my iPhone is working hard to keep signal in the bomb shelter that I work at.
--
less talk, more music

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Ctrl Alt Del
My iP4 on T-Mobile also chews battery more than it ever did on AT&T. AT&T has great coverage here, albeit 5X5 but overpriced service. Of course then again, Sprint in SoCal is pretty much 0X0...evidently they think deploying LTE to populated areas aside from SFO is repulsive.

neuronbob
THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS. NONE.

join:2000-03-30
Bedford, OH
reply to Rojo
The battery life sucks, but it did on all my iPhones (3GS, 4, 5), but I have chargers in my car, office, and home, so I have stopped caring about it.

You can't have thinness and lightness with a huge brick of a battery with current tech, though things are gradually improving as is evident in the progression of the iPhone.
--
neuronbob.com

itguy05

join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA
reply to Rojo
Doesn't surprise me. Had a Droid X - POS - reboots, lockups, slowness, and a generally bad experience.

Went back to an iPhone and it's 10000x better than the mess Android is. I have no issues with my Verizon 4s - battery lasts a good long while.