how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

HarryJWolf

join:2013-02-17
Benton, KY

Level 60 Hunter

Ok guys its the noob again lol. I am currently a level 59 I will get to 60 tonight. I was wondering what kind of gear would be best for my BM Hunter to enter raids at level 60. I have decent armor and weapon for my level i think. Ive been concentrating on agility and critical strike for my stuff. I have sacrafied a couple agility here and there to pick up +7-9 crit on an item instead of something else. I also have a choice of trinkets. 1 is +15 haste (+45 agility for 15 seconds 2 min cooldown) and 1 is +15 crit all the time. Which of these should i have equipped. My bow is like 46dps rating. Is this good enough or should I be looking to get some better gear? Gold isn't really a problem as I am a level 420 skinner been making tons selling that stuff and ive made a lot off lovely charm bracelts since getting my mount and pet. Im also going to be power leveling my leatherworking over the next few days. Which brings me to another question. I think i can get up to Level 350 LW or 425 when i get to 65. If I become dragonscale leatherworker will i be able to make really good armor (around the same as the best for level 60-70) with that skill? Ive got a lot of dragon scales from running dungeons including quite a few black (not sure if this is same as blackened ive seen online because I just learned of this at work and it blocks gaming sites). Any input would be awesome i got some great tips and feedback last time i posted on here. Thanks in advance

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

If you can take the Dark Portal to Outland, I recommend doing the first few rounds of quests to get the new lvl58+ green quality gear (hunter mail). Those greens were better than lvl60 raid blues, if I remember correctly.

Level 60 Raids can be soloed by lvl85+ toons, so you don't need a full raid, just someone of higher level willing to take you on a tour. If you just want to see the lvl60 raids, just ask a lvl90 friend to run you through there... no need for you to worry about your gear. You are unlikely to find a lot of people "raiding" at lvl 60 because everyone is just going to keep leveling up their characters. So, unless you are doing some sort of harcore thing with friends, I don't recommend stressing over gearing for those raids.

Also, one minor point is that while leveling up, AGI is king. Always take the item with the higher AGI (as long as it is Mail... don't grab leather anymore). The stat balancing act you are trying to do now is good for when you are raiding at max level (lvl 90) but unnecessary heartburn at lvl60.

my 2cents.

Good luck.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to HarryJWolf

There's never any reason to worry about raiding until you hit the level cap for whatever max expansion you have. 60 is right out because BC is part of "standard" WoW now, so 70 is the lowest cap.

Specializations for leatherworking (and tailors and blacksmiths, for that matter) don't matter any more. You can safely skip choosing a specialization unless you really want to do the quests.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to HarryJWolf

Grats on 60 Harry! Normally unless you find a guild (twink guild) that focuses on raiding older content, people are unlikely to be forming level 60 raid groups.

The exception would be people looking for cosmetic Transmog gear.

If you have a group of folks raiding level 60 content, the most powerful gear at your level would be gear from Outlands quests. To obtain this you would have to purchase the Burning Crusade expansion pack.

As for stats Agility>hit>expertise>crit....
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

said by Josof:

To obtain this you would have to purchase the Burning Crusade expansion pack.

Burning Crusade got rolled into basic WoW a bit after Cataclysm (if not before), as has Wrath of the Lich King (Shortly before MoP, iirc). Cataclysm and MoP are the only expansions now.

So 80 is the current basic WoW cap.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

HarryJWolf

Benton, KY
reply to HarryJWolf

Thanks once again for the feedback people. I actually have all the expansions. Got up to level 65 today . I did as you said and went to the outlands and did some questing to get there. I did improve a couple pieces of gear but most of what i had already was better from dungeon drops. I understand about agi being king for hunter. But what about a piece of armor or something that say gains 50 armor, -3 agi, +8 crit. would that be worth changing for or should i just choose highest agility always. I was under the impression that my hunter was weak but after dling a damage addon for dungeons i found out that i out dps everyone ive ran with at my level minus the tank on a couple of occasions. Also the talents at level 60 were a HUGE help with the plus 50 focus and the cooldown reset. LOVING those. I guess ill just keep questing and doing my level dungeons for now. Does anyone know of a good english speaking guild that does raids and such on my server? Zul'jin US. My guild mostly speaks french i never know what they are talking about and the ones that speak english never respond to wanting to run dungeons and what not. I know they do raids and hardcore stuff at higher levels but im not sure that ill be able to learn anything from them

HarryJWolf

Benton, KY
reply to HarryJWolf

Also I apparently missed the classic dungeon achievement and I was wondering if it was possible for me to still do the low level dungeons that i missed as a level 65-70? I was thinking I could probably solo them at this point with a tank pet if it was possible to get to them. Feedback on this would be great!

Deft
Stros in '08
Premium
join:2003-09-06
Grand Forks, ND
Reviews:
·Midcontinent Com..

said by HarryJWolf:

Also I apparently missed the classic dungeon achievement and I was wondering if it was possible for me to still do the low level dungeons that i missed as a level 65-70? I was thinking I could probably solo them at this point with a tank pet if it was possible to get to them. Feedback on this would be great!

Yes you can go back and get those achieves

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Deft:

said by HarryJWolf:

Yes you can go back and get those achieves

and the higher your lvl and better your gear, the faster the runs will be... so I recommend waiting until you hit 90 to go back and do that stuff.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Deft
Stros in '08
Premium
join:2003-09-06
Grand Forks, ND

hell, when you hit 80 even.. just have ur pet tank all the mobs then use frost trap then multi shot like whoaaaaaaa