spc
Search similar:

uniqs

cbs
@bhn.net

cbs

Anon

[CFL] Brevard County: Watch ESPN Issue

When will the "issue" with using Watch ESPN on a desktop computer be remedied? I have BHN cable TV/internet bundle (but not wireless). When I click the blue "Watch Now" button at watchespn.com and verify Bright House Networks as my provider, the message below appears.

Application Error
We're Sorry!

We are experiencing an issue with this application. We are working quickly to remedy the situation. Please try to access this application again later to see if the problem has been corrected. If you continue to experience problems, please contact us.

Thank you for your patience.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

There are no known issues with this on our end at the moment. Perhaps the folks at ESPN can help 888-549-ESPN.
mdshannon
Premium Member
join:2002-06-23
Melbourne, FL

mdshannon to cbs

Premium Member

to cbs
I just tried it. Works fine for me in Melbourne.

cbs
@bhn.net

cbs to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
Thank you. I telephoned ESPN as recommended and explained the difficulty that I have been incurring when attempting to "watch ESPN" on a desktop computer. After about twenty minutes or so of troubleshooting, the person at the other end of the line suggested installing Google Chrome. I disconnected my desktop computer, connected a netbook and installed the Google Chrome browser ... success! I will follow up by e-mail with ESPN.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by cbs :

Thank you. I telephoned ESPN as recommended and explained the difficulty that I have been incurring when attempting to "watch ESPN" on a desktop computer. After about twenty minutes or so of troubleshooting, the person at the other end of the line suggested installing Google Chrome. I disconnected my desktop computer, connected a netbook and installed the Google Chrome browser ... success! I will follow up by e-mail with ESPN.

:)

cbs
@bhn.net

cbs

Anon

Copied below is the e-mail response from ESPN Customer Care. I sent them a very detailed message, including a series of screen shots, and explained that I can't get to the watchespn.com login screen using Firefox or IE browsers. {{Sigh}}

Dear (My Name),

Thank you for your patience.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I am contacting you regarding receiving an error when accessing WatchESPN.com with your Bright House Networks credentials.

Please contact Bright House Networks directly regarding this issue.

If you have any further questions or are experiencing any other difficulties, please send another message and we will address them.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 7:00 am and 2:00 am EST.

Regards,

Kari
ESPN.com Customer Care
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to cbs

Premium Member

to cbs
What you have above is kind of what I expected. But based on what you provided me initially and then the subsequent solution that worked it was a browser issue with the actual viewer and not authentication and the second person felt that it was an authentication issue. I'm still confident in my original conclusion otherwise using Chrome woudn't have worked. So at this point treat this as a browser problem and do the usual things, reset to defaults, clear cache etc.

cbs
@ucf.edu

cbs

Anon

Adjusted privacy settings in Firefox and IE to accept third-party cookies. Ta-da ... there's the Bright House sign-in screen!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to cbs

Premium Member

to cbs