Lcritskes

Anon

Amc

Is Cogeco dropping amc

RedMageX
join:2011-10-06
Hamilton, ON

RedMageX

Not that I'm aware of, it's a popular channel thanks to shows like Mad Men, The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad.

It'd be a bad business decision to remove it. The only reason I could potentially see for it being removed, is like Dusk or PeachTree TV when either that channel isn't being broadcast anymore or there's some snag in renewing contracts

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member
join:2011-07-11

Cogeco_Aaron to Lcritskes

Premium Member

to Lcritskes
said by Lcritskes :

Is Cogeco dropping amc

Are you referring to the text crawl at the bottom of the screen during the last episode of The Walking Dead? That was for Rogers customers, nothing to do with Cogeco.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by Cogeco_Aaron:

said by Lcritskes :

Is Cogeco dropping amc

Are you referring to the text crawl at the bottom of the screen during the last episode of The Walking Dead? That was for Rogers customers, nothing to do with Cogeco.

Cogeco gets their feed from Rogers...that's why you saw the crawl .

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member

Cogeco_Aaron

Premium Member

said by nitzguy:

Regardless, if Rogers/AMC can't work things out, we will continue to provide the channel to our subscribers.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by Cogeco_Aaron:

said by nitzguy:

Regardless, if Rogers/AMC can't work things out, we will continue to provide the channel to our subscribers.

Oh I know, its more of a technical thing than a contractual thing ...also its funny in an article I read Rogers said that they'd continue to broadcast the channel anyways if they couldn't come to an agreement, I thought that was odd, but what do I know

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member

Cogeco_Aaron

Premium Member

said by nitzguy:

also its funny in an article I read Rogers said that they'd continue to broadcast the channel anyways if they couldn't come to an agreement, I thought that was odd, but what do I know

That is interesting. I wonder how that will play out.
cablesmurfet
join:2012-05-28
Burlington, ON

cablesmurfet to Lcritskes

to Lcritskes
It is other providers that are dropping this channel.