Search similar:

uniqs
wilbur6244
join:2001-01-02
Liberal, KS

wilbur6244

Anyone know anything about UVERSE in th LK zip 67901 Area

Sorry .. Liberal, KS 67901

I spoke w/ ATT Rep and was told I could save up to $50 from 110 to 59.99 to switch to Uverse which we have slated to Fri March 22nd... yeah.. long wait..

They would actually be bypassing the NID box and be putting in its own connection and sending out a new modem (got credit for it) and then paying $99 for a tech to come install it..

Anything or pictures of what I might be getting??

Just FYI for anyone else here in Liberal, KS

Have a great night!!!

PS: The speed max is still only 6mb for dsl or uverse.. dissapointed at that..

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

NormanS

MVM

More likely to find user experience in the AT&T U-verse forum. I have submitted a mod move request.

StillLearn
Premium Member
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL

StillLearn to wilbur6244

Premium Member

to wilbur6244
I don't know what you will get in Kansas. There a couple flavors. »www.2wire.com/pages/pdfs ··· 3801.pdf would be what to expect if you get the VDSL flavor. It is not small. It can be vertical or horizontal on your shelf. The built-in WiFi is stronger than average. Works well for me.

IP-DSLAM is the other flavor, and there is a long FAQ thread.»IP-DSLAM FAQ
Just know that there a 50% or so chance that IP-DSLAM would not apply to an average new subscriber around the country. At this point you don't really need to know which you are getting, tho somebody might be able to tell from what you have posted.

Tech007
Premium Member
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL

Tech007 to wilbur6244

Premium Member

to wilbur6244
if they told you the highest speed you could get was 6mb, the I would be 90% certain you are getting IPDSL, which comes from the central office and not from a cabinet you would see out on a street corner(occasionally IPDSL is "in the neighborhood" but i would think your speed could have been higher then) more than likely you are getting a motorola nvg510 for your modem
wilbur6244
Liberal, KS

wilbur6244

yeah .. bummer.. so it might still go into our NID box still??

I was hoping this could have stayed in the other forum too so that people that still have DSL in my area could see it..and check it out

Tech007
Premium Member
Belleville, IL

Tech007

Premium Member

it goes into your nid box whether its uverse IPDSL or Uverse VDSL(Tv service) you dont bypass the nid, that's just the point between att's responability and the customers
wilbur6244
Liberal, KS

wilbur6244

I was wonderying about that... the rep on the other saturday say si it would bypass the NID box... I knew better.. go figure..

Tech007
Premium Member
Belleville, IL

Tech007

Premium Member

sorry about that, they dont always know what they are saying when it comes to the technical stuff. The biggest difference is the equipment that send the signal from the central office
wilbur6244
Liberal, KS

wilbur6244

joy.. if that were the case I wish that I could get setup before Fri March 22nd