spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Enoughhhh

@184.151.114.x

[Cable] You know what doesnt make sense??

Having to use 3g to stream youtube videos when you have a 28mbit connection.

This will be the reason i ll drop teksAvvy. Has been going on for far too long.

I have good download speeds but youtube is super slow. Ottawa st laurent!

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

MacGyver
Don't Waste Your Energy
Premium,ExMod 2003-05
join:2001-10-14
Canada
kudos:2
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Enoughhhh
This is not just a Teksavvy problem. Read this:

Why Is Everyone Having YouTube Streaming Issues?
Problems Persist Despite Faster Broadband

by Karl Bode 2 hours ago

Despite the faster speeds now being pushed through fiber and DOCSIS 3.0, there's many users who continue to suffer from the inability to quickly and consistently stream YouTube videos. Spend a few minutes in any of our forums and you'll find this is a universal problem with many carriers, including AT&T U-Verse, Verizon FiOS and Time Warner Cable.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Enoughhhh
If you want to be part of the solution rather than just complaing please read this thread: »Youtube

Remember you are not alone in having this issue, and neither are Teksavvy customers. This phenomenon is widespread across North American ISPs.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..
reply to MacGyver
said by MacGyver:

This is not just a Teksavvy problem. Read this:

Why Is Everyone Having YouTube Streaming Issues?
Problems Persist Despite Faster Broadband

by Karl Bode 2 hours ago

Despite the faster speeds now being pushed through fiber and DOCSIS 3.0, there's many users who continue to suffer from the inability to quickly and consistently stream YouTube videos. Spend a few minutes in any of our forums and you'll find this is a universal problem with many carriers, including AT&T U-Verse, Verizon FiOS and Time Warner Cable.

people like you sicken me in trying to deflect the problem. Start and Rogers aren't having any issues at all with youtube, even with the same Docsis network.

MacGyver
Don't Waste Your Energy
Premium,ExMod 2003-05
join:2001-10-14
Canada
A valid point, yes. But there's no guarantee that this problem won't plague those "other" ISPs at some point in the future.

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to jmck
said by jmck:

[Start and Rogers aren't having any issues at all with youtube, even with the same Docsis network.

Nor is Videotron.

Do any Teksavvy-Videotron customers have this issue?

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to jmck
said by jmck:

people like you sicken me in trying to deflect the problem. Start and Rogers aren't having any issues at all with youtube, even with the same Docsis network.

I'm with Rogers and I have issues with Youtube on a regular basis. This is particularly true with HD videos that won't cache.
--
Tom