Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to signmeuptoo

Re: [FireFox] What 7 addons do you think are essential?

One I haven't seen mentioned is FlagFox. It displays the flag of the country that the IP address is (supposedly) tied to in the address bar. Can be useful.

I also like Status-4-Evar, which displays an FF4-style status bar at the bottom that shows what is being accessed when loading a page.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to chachazz

I tried to use Abine's chat last night to ask them about their intentions regarding GoogleSharing. Chat was closed. So, I sent them an email. I'll post any reply here.

I have found, since the first of the year, that I almost never encounter a popup from GoogleSharing saying that no proxy servers are available and it is turning off GooglerSharing temporarily. I used to get that a lot in the evenings. So, seems to me Abine is improving it.

I just wish Abine would make GoogleSharing available for SeaMonkey.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to chachazz

Apparently I was misinformed.

»addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox···/427598/

"Googlesharing Support

by Abine, Inc., the online privacy company (Developer) on February 4, 2013 · permalink

Hi Atomizer,
We're continuing to support Googlesharing and maintain its original proxy server written by Moxie M. We are also going to re-write the server and improve the service. The exact timing of this is still a TBD. Please contact us by email if you want to a) help out or b) want further information.

thanks!"

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

That's good news!
Thanks for your efforts Mele20 See Profile and kickass69 See Profile.