spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

maderas

join:2011-11-27

Western CO - high pings to east coast - here we go again.

Aaaaaand once again, right around the same time as last year, my pings to east coast servers are suffering packet loss and have gone from 90-120ms up to 200-300ms. Really, CenturyLink? How long am I going to have to wait for the problem to mysteriously fix itself this time?

So ****ing tired of this.

whatev

@embarqhsd.net
I'm in NC, east coast, and there has been some issues for the past three weeks where I live. They just got my dsl back up tonight around 9:30pm, it's been down about 25-30 times in the past 3 weeks, and I'm expecting it to go down again.

The reason I say this is because I'm connected at 4.7Mbps but, I only see between 2.5 and 3.5Mbps no matter what speed test I use. Friday, it was 1Mbps when they got the line back up. Also, when I call I, I either get a recorded message saying they are working on a line issue (-which is great actually that they are doing something) or, I'll get a "person" that gives me the usual run around saying things like "It must be your modem" or "what does the red light say?"

Robotrobot

@rylinkservices.net
I'm in Wake County and I can't even game at night. I ping 200+ to every local server and I get lag spikes every few seconds making it impossible to play. I do a speed test and It says I'm getting less than 1mb yet paying for 10mb down. It's absolutely ridiculius that I can't even play an online game with a 10mb line at night.

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to maderas
Hey Everyone, this is B with the CenturyLink Help Team. I'm sorry to hear you're all having issues with your DSL. Send me your info through our online webform, and I'll be happy to check your DSL lines for issues: »bit.ly/IArNlt

Thanks everyone,
B
CenturyLink Help Team