Search similar:

uniqs

elios
join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

elios

Once more...

the US falls behind

mean wile we wast money on things like the TSA and giving money to bankers to buy new jets

and dont give me that the US is to big BS the North east from DC to NYC could be easly wired along with most of the west cost larger cities in the midwest
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

said by elios:

the US falls behind

mean wile we wast money on things like the TSA and giving money to bankers to buy new jets

and dont give me that the US is to big BS the North east from DC to NYC could be easly wired along with most of the west cost larger cities in the midwest

How many would be connected with a 27 billion dollar investment in the U.S.?? Here is an 11 student school with 3 fiber connections, running well over 100 miles. - »www.nytimes.com/2013/02/ ··· all&_r=0

We seem to have spent $4 billion Broadband Technology Opportunities Program with nothing much to show but a ton of fraud. I'm guessing if we spent a few trillion, a hundred or so now not served may get slow service.

Our culture is very corrupt.

elios
join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

1 recommendation

elios

has nothing to do with the tech but how fail the country is
if we could wire up every one with power and phone we can run a fiber line to replace the copper

and really in the long run that fiber will pay for it self in lower maintenance costs

but people cant see past next months returns any more...
the idea of a 100 year or even 10 year plan is gone and and people just want to line there own pockets
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

1 recommendation

pandora

Premium Member

Sadly corruption seems in our blood of late

said by elios:

has nothing to do with the tech but how fail the country is
--- snip ---
but people cant see past next months returns any more...
the idea of a 100 year or even 10 year plan is gone and and people just want to line there own pockets

Yes, but it's how we are. Until our culture changes, spending cash won't be very helpful. There are too many waiting to feed at the public troth.

I agree with your post, it isn't a problem of technology, or even a problem of being able to afford it. The problem is getting corruption out of the way.