uniqs

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica to Mr Matt

Premium Member

to Mr Matt

Re: Electric Bill

I contacted the electric company, and they said a Home Energy Audit would be $350-$650, with them providing a $250 rebate if we choose one of their vendors.

Where do you get free audits?

jack b
Gone Fishing
MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod

jack b

MVM

Some states have legislation mandating "free" energy audits. In those cases they're not actually altogether free, utility ratepayers cover the associated costs through a small billing line energy conservation/ renewable energy surcharge that's tacked on.

Call your public utilities commission to see what is available to you.
Mr Matt
join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL

Mr Matt to Antonica

to Antonica
Check with your states Public Service Commission. Find out what the rules are regarding charging for home energy audits. You will find the toll free number of the PSC in the front of your telephone directory or the Pennsylvania State website. The reason the local power company serving my home, offered to pay for part of the radiant barrier installation, was at the time the EPA was offering financial incentive to conserve energy.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica

Premium Member

Our state website has information on programs and other things that have been suggested here. Thank you. I'll continue to follow up with them to see what else we can do.
Mr Matt
join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL

Mr Matt

Check this video on YouTube showing a thermal energy audit:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· gTbkA8MA

This video is more complete:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· XE0qsmjg

Here is a demonstration of what was learned using a thermal imaging camera:

»www.youtube.com/watch?fe ··· GHU&NR=1