share rss forum feed

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
join:2002-03-30
Reading, PA
kudos:1

Active Directory issue

We have cisco wifi devices in the building that allow authentication via credentials saved to the AD. Random users on all sorts of laptops are having issues connecting wirelessly. And are shown the limited or not connectivity alert in the sys tray.

Does anyone here have any knowledge in what may be wrong with the AD for this to be happening? Cause I'm betting the problem lies there, since this never seems to happen to anyone in IT. But it does happen to ANYONE, even those in the corporate dept.

Also there's this...

We're having an issue where random computer accounts are not being recognized by the AD.
When a user logs on they are seeing the message about there not being an account associated with it on the domain.
But when you check the AD, sure enough, the computer account is there.

So you can see why I'm really leaning towards this being an AD issue. But I'm just not sure on how to determine that.

Are there free AD Cleaning tools or utilities that can help in this matter?
--
Photoshop these nuts in your mouth.

seaman
Premium
join:2000-12-08
Seattle, WA

said by onebadmofo:

Cause I'm betting the problem lies there, since this never seems to happen to anyone in IT. But it does happen to ANYONE, even those in the corporate dept.

Sorry, I dont follow your logic. Arent IT department users in your AD too?

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
Reading, PA

said by seaman:

said by onebadmofo:

Cause I'm betting the problem lies there, since this never seems to happen to anyone in IT. But it does happen to ANYONE, even those in the corporate dept.

Sorry, I dont follow your logic. Arent IT department users in your AD too?

Yep...that's why I'm confused. Unless it has something to do with us (IT) being a different OU.
--

Badger3k
We Don't Need No Stinkin Badgers
Premium
join:2001-09-27
Franklin, OH
reply to onebadmofo

Is Radius looking for a specific group for the computer accounts and user accounts to be in?
--
Team Discovery: Project Hope

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
Reading, PA

said by Badger3k:

Is Radius looking for a specific group for the computer accounts and user accounts to be in?

I honestly don't know ...but I am willing to check (if i knew how).

See we hired outside to have this done. Now I've been in contact with them about it but since I have no authorization to create a ticket with them and hire them on for this repair, they're not to detailed with me.

But hell if I can do this myself, it'll save some time and money.
--

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
Reading, PA
reply to Badger3k

dup post

Badger3k
Premium
Franklin, OH
reply to onebadmofo

It could have been setup totally different, but here is what I've done before and how I've seen it setup before.

One of your servers should be running NPS or IAS if it's 2003. You should be able to figure out which one by looking at the access points and seeing where they point too. From there, there will be a policy within NPS/IAS that will give you some detail. Here is a link that walks you through setting up NPS, just skip down to the "Installing Network Policy and Access Services" and you'll get an idea of what to look for. »www.fatofthelan.com/technical/us···ication/.
--
Team Discovery: Project Hope

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
Reading, PA

said by Badger3k:

It could have been setup totally different, but here is what I've done before and how I've seen it setup before.

One of your servers should be running NPS or IAS if it's 2003. You should be able to figure out which one by looking at the access points and seeing where they point too. From there, there will be a policy within NPS/IAS that will give you some detail. Here is a link that walks you through setting up NPS, just skip down to the "Installing Network Policy and Access Services" and you'll get an idea of what to look for. »www.fatofthelan.com/technical/us···ication/.

Thanks man, I'll check that out tomorrow.
--

Badger3k
Premium
Franklin, OH

No problem! Hopefully it helps.