Search similar:

uniqs
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

1 recommendation

Joe12345678

just file a allegation ageist all IP's

just file a allegation ageist all IP's and do it say 10 times and this will die.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

For what reason? Making you angry? It is within the ISPs rights to do what they are doing. Like it or not.
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678

how will you like it if ford sent you a speeding ticket based off gps reading that are not very reliable evidence. and said for $35 you can go to court to clear your name>?
silbaco
Premium Member
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

That's not related. Ford doesn't have any rights to do so. ISPs do.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

How do ISPs have a right to charge you with a crime any more than Ford does? I thought charging folks with crimes was the responsibility of the government...particularly the executive branch.
silbaco
Premium Member
USA

1 recommendation

silbaco

Premium Member

Because there is no charging anyone with anything. If they believe you are violating copyright, they have every right to terminate you or impact your service as they see fit. It is their private network that we rent rights to use.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to rradina

Premium Member

to rradina
said by rradina:

How do ISPs have a right to charge you with a crime any more than Ford does? I thought charging folks with crimes was the responsibility of the government...particularly the executive branch.

The ISPs aren't charging you with a crime. They are saying you broke the contract you made with them when you signed up for service. It is a civil matter. Of course, if you feel strongly enough about the ISP curbing your connection or disconnecting you, you can go to arbitration and then file a lawsuit.

MustardOne
@paisc.com

MustardOne

Anon

said by FFH5:

The ISPs aren't charging you with a crime. They are saying you broke the contract you made with them when you signed up for service. It is a civil matter. Of course, if you feel strongly enough about the ISP curbing your connection or disconnecting you, you can go to arbitration and then file a lawsuit.

ISP do not have any judicial authority to levy such claims. In fact, ISP's are supposed to be transparent and OPEN. If they monitored thier networks they would be liable for ALL content on them, which is not the case. Also, the same contracts you speak of forbid civil suits and only allow arbitration which is VERY one sided in the favor of ISP's. The average person just doesn't have the ability to fight against the corrupted system of capitalism that we have in the ISP world with no real competition, price fixing, etc.

If you and I entered into a contract and then a dispute came up, we would have to take it to civil court. ISP's should have to do the same. Where are the agreements signed by the media companies and the ISP's? Why are they not public? This is just a scam for the media companies and ISP's to extract money from people with no real evidence of wrongdoing and most importantly without the legal requirements of standard contract law. If there really was competition then there would be plenty of ISP's that wouldn't require arbitration, wouldn't monitor your traffic or submit your traffic details with out a WARRANT and wouldn't be able to change their TOS on you or tell you to get lost. If you don't agree to an ISP's TOS you don't have another option besides no internet.

By the way, what company do you work for? You certainly are a shill for an ISP or media company.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by MustardOne :

By the way, what company do you work for?

I've been retired for 13 yrs now. And no I don't get any money for posting on the internet.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina to silbaco

to silbaco
I still call foul. Too often folks throw around the term "I have the right to" when in reality, they enjoy a privilege, not a right.