Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

elios

join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO
reply to jc100

Re: Well now people have a legal out...

Mediacom already does after 3 DMCA letters not even proof you did any thing JUST the letters
TOTALLY couldnt abuse that get some one kicked off nope not at all...

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

Quite honestly, I know 1 person who got their connection cut under Mediacom's 3 strikes. And they were completely guilty. I don't know of any instances of false strikes and I know of a lot of people with Mediacom. Most people don't even know it exists. That's how transparent it is. It took Torrentfreak years to figure it out.

elios

join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

a DMCA letter is not proof of guilt
its not proof of any thing really

Chubbysumo

join:2009-12-01
Superior, WI
Reviews:
·Charter

1 recommendation

said by elios:

a DMCA letter is not proof of guilt
its not proof of any thing really

especially seeing as the courts have said an IP does not equal a person, and the companies that track these torrents and P2P networks are using very unreliable information that can no longer even be submitted to most courts.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to silbaco

said by silbaco:

Quite honestly, I know 1 person who got their connection cut under Mediacom's 3 strikes. And they were completely guilty. I don't know of any instances of false strikes and I know of a lot of people with Mediacom.

Probably 99.99% of those caught are guilty. All the angst over copyright infringement is coming from those too cheap to pay for their music & movies.
--
I will be perfectly happy if the budget cuts specified in the Budget Control Act go into effect. 3 cheers for the sequester. Take the money from the drunken federal spenders.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by FFH:

Probably 99.99% of those caught are guilty. All the angst over copyright infringement is coming from those too cheap to pay for their music & movies.

I like your linr of reasoning!

Hyperbolically speaking: "It is better that ten innocent men hang than that one guilty man goes free."
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

FFH
Premium
Tavistock NJ

said by NormanS:

said by FFH:

I like your linr of reasoning!

Hyperbolically speaking: "It is better that ten innocent men hang than that one guilty man goes free."

6 strikes is a game of statistics, just like the criminal justice system is. Sometimes an innocent is caught up in it. C'est la vie.
--
I will be perfectly happy if the budget cuts specified in the Budget Control Act go into effect. 3 cheers for the sequester. Take the money from the drunken federal spenders.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

1 recommendation

said by FFH:

6 strikes is a game of statistics, just like the criminal justice system is. Sometimes an innocent is caught up in it. C'est la vie.

It should not be; especially not the criminal justice system. "Six Strikes" is a rigged game of statistics; rigged in favor of the MAFIAA.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Jawz

@hansonwatson.com
reply to FFH

What about all those who watch TV shows and miss an episode or have to work during it's airing?

FFH
Premium
Tavistock NJ

said by Jawz :

What about all those who watch TV shows and miss an episode or have to work during it's airing?

DVR, OnDemand, network web site, buy it later from Amazon or iTunes, or god forbid just miss that episode.
--

ducksssss

@ubalt.edu

1 recommendation

reply to FFH

I'm not too cheap to pay for movies and music. I'm too cheap to settle for shit. For example itunes is lame...if I want to BUY an album or Record I want that shit on Vinyl with warm Analog sound and cover art that can be appreciated. Secondly not every album or movie can be found these days, and that applies to major providers online as well. Secondly I pay for Netflix, Cable TV, and Internet that's already a lot of income going towards entertainment. Not to mention I still go to movies, live musical performances, etc. Should I really have to pay for an album or movie I've seen or heard plenty of times? And that I've previously paid for? The majority of the money I would be spending anyways would most likely go to a major movie company like Viacom so they can crunch numbers and make another shitty adam sandler movie for a quick buck, without ever caring about the material. And whats the point of going to see a movie in theaters anymore? There are 20 minutes of fucking advertisements before the movie starts, same with television, on average 14 to 16 minutes of every hour is more advertisements for products no one wants. And now get on youtube and more of OUR time is wasted on more pointless products. All of this can be avoided...and it involves NOT buying this shit. That's not to say don't support good "artists" making great pieces of art. The United States is already too consumer driven, and the movie industry has continually set records at the Box office year after year. You should consider that this issue isn't about a bunch of people wanting shit for free, but demanding a better service, innovative technology, freedom of culture, and information.

Rasgyle
Premium
join:2005-02-10
Troy, IL
reply to NormanS

I like that you are the voice of reason here. Me, I usually just ignore trolls. Some people live to be a stooge. So, thanks for doing a thankless job. Consider yourself a special education teacher.

CosmicDebri
Still looking for intelligent life

join:2001-09-01
Port Saint Lucie, FL
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

You say that until it happens to you or someone in your family....
--
Follow Your Bliss -- Joseph Cambell
I reject your Reality and substitute my own! -- Adam Savage, Mythbuster

Rasgyle
Premium
join:2005-02-10
Troy, IL

I think you're being too kind. Budget would probably sell his or her family members for $35 each. Hell, take 'em all. Volume discount. Black looks better on a ledger. Cruelty is complimentary.

Rekrul

join:2007-04-21
Milford, CT
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

I want to legally download some recent movies that I can burn to a data DVD and watch on my DVD player (which plays Divx files). I don't want to have to use proprietary software to do it. Where do I go to buy (not rent) them?

Bearfoot

@comcast.net
reply to FFH

[citation needed]

Bearfoot

@comcast.net
reply to Jawz

Buy the DVD like the entertainment industry wants you too.