Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

1 recommendation

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Just legally download your content

I download my music on iTunes and I can buy movies on iTunes as well. I have never gotten a copyright warning because I pay for my content and get it from legitimate sources.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

1 recommendation

skeechan

Premium Member

Good job, here's a cookie.

cpsycho
join:2008-06-03
Treadeu Land

cpsycho to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
Whats your IP address I can get it to come up 6 times easy.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

1 recommendation

PeteC2 to IowaCowboy

MVM

to IowaCowboy
Iowa Cowboy, unfortunately in this forum, saying that you legally purchase digital content will only get you branded as a sucker...

cpsycho
join:2008-06-03
Treadeu Land

cpsycho

I'm not saying he is a sucker. I do believe in buying content. What I am saying is, just because you buy your stuff legally does not mean your safe from this system.

AnonPerson
join:2000-08-26
Lexington, KY

1 edit

AnonPerson to PeteC2

to PeteC2
said by PeteC2:

Iowa Cowboy, fortunately in this forum, saying that you legally purchase digital content will get you branded as a sucker...

Fixed that for you.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan to PeteC2

Premium Member

to PeteC2
No, you simply don't get special kudos for doing what you are supposed to do.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· _ekSrsEk

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
where the hell can I download game of thrones legally?
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 recommendation

silbaco

Premium Member

Amazon. Both seasons are available.
Kamus
join:2011-01-27
El Paso, TX

Kamus to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

I download my music on iTunes and I can buy movies on iTunes as well. I have never gotten a copyright warning because I pay for my content and get it from legitimate sources.

How about some milk to go along with that cookie?
Oh, and by the way. There's only two kind of people that buy stuff from iTunes (IN MY OPINION LOL)
The ones with more money than sense, or stupid people that don't even bother to look for less expensive alternatives.
But hey, at least you get to claim the moral high ground right?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan to silbaco

Premium Member

to silbaco
Same with iTunes.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Kamus

MVM

to Kamus
said by Kamus:

The ones with more money than sense, or stupid people that don't even bother to look for less expensive alternatives.
But hey, at least you get to claim the moral high ground right?

Apparently both Amazon and iTunes do offer free downloads. So your choice:

• Download unknowns who authorize free distribution of their works through iTunes.
• Download popular artists who license distribution of their works through iTunes for a nominal fee.
• Pirate popular artists who license distribution of their works. Yes, it is "free", but ...
Expand your moderator at work

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus
join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY

Transmaster to NormanS

to NormanS

Re: Just legally download your content

I get my stuff from iTunes, Amazon, and Netflix the problem is there is no way except the use of a VPN, or bittorrent that I can watch the documentry TV shows I enjoy coming from the UK on BBC-2, BBC-4 and Channel4. The vast majority of which will never air in the States and no where to purchase a subscription. There is a vast market out their for such a thing but the law prevents it.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by Transmaster:

I get my stuff from iTunes, Amazon, and Netflix the problem is there is no way except the use of a VPN, or bittorrent that I can watch the documentry TV shows I enjoy coming from the UK on BBC-2, BBC-4 and Channel4. The vast majority of which will never air in the States and no where to purchase a subscription. There is a vast market out their for such a thing but the law prevents it.

If there is such a "vast market" for it, somebody will step up to fill it. That was certainly the reason I used to pirate anime by the GB; but Broccoli, Funimation, and The Right Stuf (among others) stepped up, and the shows I want to watch are now legally available without resorting to piracy.

Meantime, unless the U.K. copyright holders are sending DMCA letters, you shouldn't be worried.

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus
join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY

2 edits

Transmaster

=NormanS See Profile
If there is such a "vast market" for it, somebody will step up to fill it. That was certainly the reason I used to pirate anime by the GB; but Broccoli, Funimation, and The Right Stuf (among others) stepped up, and the shows I want to watch are now legally available without resorting to piracy.

I am deeply into anime and I have a similar problem that is the amount of anime, and their excellant soundtracks which never make it to the states. Another problem is the really lame english translations. Japan can keep the henti but the rest....if they only had The Anime Channel on Dishnetwork. Things are slowly changing but I wish it would speed up. BBC America has learned it's lesson with Top Gear they used to not air a season in the States until the next year but they realized the viewership was not what it could have been because fans of the show had already seen all of these episodes within hours of their original air time in the UK and to them the "new season" on BBCA was a re-run so now they air the current Season of Top Gear just 2 weeks after it originally aired in the UK.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

1 edit

skeechan

Premium Member

Crunchyroll runs pretty new stuff in terms of Anime, but obviously they don't have everything. I'm in the same boat with J-Pop, particularly with Avex. Avex has a stick in their ass about foreign markets which means getting CDs from Taiwan or CDJapan after hitting JPopsuki (to listen on release day). SM and Universal Japan embrace foreign markets so I hit iTunes the day the stuff is released.

It sucks having to jump through hoops to give the artists the money they earned, especially with digital distribution...there is no reason that we should be waiting 2 years for K-On to air on MNet America in a crappy dub.