Three
Two
One
InfinityDev
join:2005-06-30
USA

InfinityDev

Re: Cue the class-action lawsuits in

I imagine the agreement to arbitration in everyone's end user license agreement would prevent lawsuits.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by InfinityDev:

I imagine the agreement to arbitration in everyone's end user license agreement would prevent lawsuits.

It only prevents users from suing providers. It has no effect on copyright-holders, who may sue file traders. Nobody seems to be aware of the hidden language of "Six Strikes", which allows copyright-holders to subpoena user information so they can sue the file traders from strike 7 on.
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo to InfinityDev

to InfinityDev
said by InfinityDev:

You have no ToS agreement with the monitoring company, or the MPAA....
InfinityDev
join:2005-06-30
USA

InfinityDev

Was thinking of our Terms of Service agreements with the carrier. They can do pretty much anything they want with your data.

A nice side business would be selling it to whoever the RIAA/MPAA hires to do enforcement, who would, hm I don't know, perhaps have a profit motive to attack end users and drag them into court based on all of this so-called evidence.

Another commenter is on the right track when talking about copyright holders going after users by using this paper trail of "offenses" as possible "evidence". Sure a good lawyer and due process will disqualify it, but it's still end users getting beaten up in court at great personal expense.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to InfinityDev

Premium Member

to InfinityDev
There's surely a loophole.

There's always a loophole.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 edit

FFH5 to ke4pym

Premium Member

to ke4pym

Re: Queue the class-action lawsuits in

said by ke4pym:

Three
Two
One

And the legal reason for the suits would be what? Not that a real reason is ever needed for some law firms to attempt greenmail in class action lawsuits.