88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

1 recommendation

88615298 (banned) to jc10098

to jc10098

Re: Well now people have a legal out...

said by jc10098:

They've read the material, spent 35 to protest their innocence (open router, etc), and thus when the MPAA / RIAA try to sue, have a ground to argue they didn't know until informed.

I highly doubt any ISPS are going to cut the cord. They aren't about losing money.

If you leave your router open you kind of deserve to get your internet cut off. Anyone spending $35 to protest is an idiot. It's called 6 strikes and then NOTHING happens so why bother spending $35? And I'll be $1,000,000 not one single innocent person gets flagged 6 times in a row. EVER. WILL NOT HAPPEN.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 recommendation

NormanS

MVM

said by 88615298:

And I'll be $1,000,000 not one single innocent person gets flagged 6 times in a row. EVER. WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Nothing can go wrong ...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· niGifKyE

Murphy will see your million, and raise you another million!
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

Ok let's say by some chance you are flagged erroneously 6 times. guess what happens? NOTHING. It's like a parent telling a kid to stop doing something or else they'll just keep telling them to stop doing it. Who cares? What kid would be afraid of that parent?
jc10098
join:2002-04-10

1 recommendation

jc10098 to 88615298

to 88615298
Open router = Open Excuse. Sure, they can sue you for tens of millions and no they won't get far. However, they can put a lean on your house, garnish wages, etc. They might not see your life savings wiped, but they can definitely bankrupt you. Even if you file bankruptcy, creditors now have to agree to dissolve debt. Bankruptcy under Bush changed. It's no longer the carte blance (blank check) to walking away free and clear.
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer to NormanS

Premium Member

to NormanS
Great movie. . Maybe I will watch that tonight.
wTheOnew
join:2012-03-09

wTheOnew to 88615298

to 88615298
So if someone steals something of yours it's your fault right? Makes sense.

Leave an outside electrical outlet unlocked it's you're own fault your neighbor ran an extension cord to it.

Leave your car unlocked it's your fault someone stole it.

It's all the same. It blows my mind that there are people out there that would blame the victim.
Rekrul
join:2007-04-21
Milford, CT

Rekrul to 88615298

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

It's called 6 strikes and then NOTHING happens so why bother spending $35?

Because if your IP address keeps showing up after the six strikes, you can bet your ass that something will happen. Most likely some kind of legal action.
Rekrul

Rekrul to 88615298

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

Ok let's say by some chance you are flagged erroneously 6 times. guess what happens? NOTHING. It's like a parent telling a kid to stop doing something or else they'll just keep telling them to stop doing it. Who cares? What kid would be afraid of that parent?

You've just outlined the very reason that there WILL be legal action taken against people who don't stop sharing copyrighted files after the first six alerts. Or whose IP address shows up more than six times.

In case you hadn't noticed, the copyright industry is a rabid supporter of harsher penalties for copyright infringement. Doesn't it seem odd to you that they would agree to a plan with no teeth?

It's true that the six strikes plan itself doesn't detail anything happening beyond the sixth strike, but that's only to avoid the negative PR that would result if they had included further penalties in writing. If you read the fine print, it says that after the first six alerts, information will continue to be collected and then the copyright holder can get a court order to turn over the subscriber's information in order to file legal action against them.

aleahe
@comcast.net

aleahe to wTheOnew

Anon

to wTheOnew
i left my purse in my car overnight once and left the doors unlocked. it was gone the next morning. definitely my fault.
dmhowell
join:2005-09-29
Hulls Cove, ME

dmhowell

There is a difference between taking responsibility for ones own actions and being persecuted by others for those same actions.