uniqs

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to lolwatpear

Premium Member

to lolwatpear

Re: Time to ask for new router? (I have Westell 9100em)

You only get the "I" if your tier is over 100mbs.

Calling in for a router will get you anything from a used "d" to possible a new "I", though your not suppose to get the "I" unless your on the 150/65 or higher tier
lolwatpear
join:2012-07-03
Wesley Chapel, FL

lolwatpear

said by guppy_fish:

Calling in for a router will get you anything from a used "d" to possible a new "I", though your not suppose to get the "I" unless your on the 150/65 or higher tier

Based on your second sentence, is there a chance I can get it even though I have 50mbs? Or, will it be impossible due to what you said in your first sentence?

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr

MVM

said by lolwatpear:

Based on your second sentence, is there a chance I can get it even though I have 50mbs? Or, will it be impossible due to what you said in your first sentence?

It's hit or miss, depending on unpredictable factors at the distribution center. Some folks get a Rev.I when they have 75/35, other folks get an old Rev.D.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish
said by guppy_fish:

Tell me how I got rev-i 5 months ago when I signed up for fios was on 50/25 then upgraded to 75/35.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97

Premium Member

I just set up a customer's FIOS connection a few weeks ago. Verizon issued them a Rev. I router with their 50/25 business service. I bridged it into their Cisco, so it's not really doing much but it most certainly is a Rev. I unit. This was in Tampa, so perhaps in other areas you don't see the Rev.I unless you have the high-end plans.
jcondon
join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY

1 edit

jcondon to patt2k

to patt2k

said by patt2k See Profile
Tell me how I got rev-i 5 months ago when I signed up for fios was on 50/25 then upgraded to 75/35.

Luck of the draw. I live two counties North of the owner of the company I work for. We both ordered 50/25 a few months before me and got installed 2 months before me (lots of issues with his order). He got a Rev I router. I got a D.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to lolwatpear

Premium Member

to lolwatpear
said by lolwatpear:

said by guppy_fish:

I have the 50 plan and got a revision "I".

RedCaliSS
Premium Member
join:2004-08-21
Murrieta, CA

RedCaliSS to guppy_fish

Premium Member

to guppy_fish
said by guppy_fish:

according to the tech that did my install all "quantum" tiers regardless of speed get the Rev. I
I'm on the 50/25 and got the Rev I on my 2nd line.. primary was an old Rev D. tech replaced it and gave me a new Rev I, said they are trying to phase them out. so now I have two Rev I.