uniqs
share rss forum feed

anveo
Premium
join:2010-02-08
kudos:3

1 recommendation

[Anveo] New Features February 2013

When some companies only promise new features Anveo team is working hard and deliver. Today I am very pleased to share another release of great new features suggested by our customers.

New Features
Alerts/Notifications
'Low Balance' and 'Blocked Incoming Calls' Alerts can now be sent using Email, SMS/Text Message, Automated Phone Call, IM and HTTP request (with up to 5 alerts can be configured for each).

Smart CallerID For Outbound Calls
Anveo now uses localized CallerID (without country code) for outgoing calls within the country but will include country code for international calls.

Call Flow Updates
SIP Call Flow Item gets 2 new features:
•option to skip SIP device(s) in use (on the call). This option is especially useful in Ring Group/Queue mode to prevent routing calls to agents who are already on the call.
•option to use Localized CallerID format (without Country Code) to be shown on SIP device.

New Call Flow Variable
A new CALLERID.LOCAL Call Flow variable which contains localized CallerID (without country code).

As always you can find all new features and when they were released at »www.anveo.com/news.asp

BTW Our Free Porting Special is still ongoing so maybe it is the time to dump the old clunker and move to a better technology

anveo
Premium
join:2010-02-08
kudos:3
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
a couple screenshots to show show new options

jhouston21

join:2004-12-17
Hampton, NH
The introduction of the ability to intelligently put incoming calls through to the "next-available" agent in a ring group is a game-changer. While it is possible to do this by setting up your own "trunk group" through hardware (Linksys/Cisco SPA8000) or a software-based PBX, being able to do this inside Anveo makes it easy to deploy Anveo without being married to a particular PBX solution which incorporates this capability. Differently put, for many small businesses that might not otherwise need a full-blown IP phone system or software-based PBX solution (Asterisk / 3CX), this solution may bring just the functionality which is needed to manage more than one incoming call on multiple phones / channels.

Davefred99

join:2012-08-10
Moreno Valley, CA
Anveo has a great set of features and keeps getting better but one thing the kills me is the fact that they charge too much or at all for additional sub accounts. There pricing is really good until you add subs or have to upgrade your account beyond the value plan to get more of the extra features.

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Anveo
·VMedia
reply to anveo
said by anveo:

Anveo now uses localized CallerID (without country code) for outgoing calls within the country but will include country code for international calls.

I would find it useful to be able to send a localized caller id on an international call so that whomever I call can use call return to call me back (via a local number in that country).
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 1.8.10 on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI

Stewart

join:2005-07-13
kudos:26
said by grand total:

I would find it useful to be able to send a localized caller id on an international call so that whomever I call can use call return to call me back (via a local number in that country).

Though not free (except on Business plan), that feature has been around for some time, under the name Geo Caller ID, accessible in your Preferences.

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Anveo
·VMedia
said by Stewart:

Though not free (except on Business plan), that feature has been around for some time, under the name Geo Caller ID, accessible in your Preferences.

It's also possible to set which caller id you want to use in contacts when calling a particular number (free feature). I use this but, at the moment, there is no way to pass a localized caller id.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 1.8.10 on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI
Expand your moderator at work

phoneuser

join:2012-12-19
New York, NY
reply to anveo

Re: [Anveo] New Features February 2013

said by anveo:

I'm sure I'm missing something fundamental here, but I'm actually disappointed by this change. Speaking only about NANPA-format numbers, I gather that not including the "1" country code is conventional. I find, though, that when I'm the recipient of a call whose CallerID includes the "1" country code and I want to return the call from my phone log, I can do so without editing the number, since the logged number is ready to dial. It's a small thing, but handy. Recipients of calls from my Anveo number will no longer have this feature (which I find handy when I'm the recipient). How is this change a good thing? How is NPA-NXX-XXXX more useful than 1-NPA-NXX-XXXX, since it's the latter that needs to be dialed?

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by phoneuser:

said by anveo:

I'm sure I'm missing something fundamental here, but I'm actually disappointed by this change. Speaking only about NANPA-format numbers, I gather that not including the "1" country code is conventional. I find, though, that when I'm the recipient of a call whose CallerID includes the "1" country code and I want to return the call from my phone log, I can do so without editing the number, since the logged number is ready to dial. It's a small thing, but handy. Recipients of calls from my Anveo number will no longer have this feature (which I find handy when I'm the recipient). How is this change a good thing? How is NPA-NXX-XXXX more useful than 1-NPA-NXX-XXXX, since it's the latter that needs to be dialed?

It's not a change, it's an option. You can keep current configuration with country code.

I, for once, love that option. With previous settings all numbers would come up as 112125551212 on my phone connected to OBI 202 - extra 1 in the beginning (I guess my phone adds it, and no way to to turn it off), so I could never return a call via caller ID.

phoneuser

New York, NY
said by JoeSchmoe007:

It's not a change, it's an option. You can keep current configuration with country code.

On outbound calls? How? My equipment doesn't allow me to to change much (including From and adding extra headers); I've set the number explicitly on Account Preferences - SIP Device Registration - Sip Options. I see other options for inbound CallerID, but not for outbound (except for Geo CallerID). How do I "keep current configuration with country code" for outbound calls?

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by phoneuser:

said by JoeSchmoe007:

On outbound calls? How? My equipment doesn't allow me to to change much (including From and adding extra headers); I've set the number explicitly on Account Preferences - SIP Device Registration - Sip Options. I see other options for inbound CallerID, but not for outbound (except for Geo CallerID). How do I "keep current configuration with country code" for outbound calls?

You are looking in the wrong spot. This is a setting for SIP control in your call flow. And I think it should say "Smart Caller ID for Inbound calls", because after I changed it inbound calls got affected.

phoneuser

New York, NY
said by JoeSchmoe007:

You are looking in the wrong spot. This is a setting for SIP control in your call flow. And I think it should say "Smart Caller ID for Inbound calls", because after I changed it inbound calls got affected.

I saw the SIP call flow control option, thanks, but that's for the CallerID presented on inbound calls. I'm referring to the CallerID sent on outbound calls.

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by phoneuser:

said by JoeSchmoe007:

I saw the SIP call flow control option, thanks, but that's for the CallerID presented on inbound calls. I'm referring to the CallerID sent on outbound calls.

I will probably feel like an idiot for saying this if I got this wrong but I don't think this option applies to outgoing calls at all - that is original post is not correct.

phoneuser

New York, NY
You're not an idiot, but the original post is correct. Under "Call Flow Updates", there's note of the option to use localized CallerID on *inbound* calls. Under "Smart CallerID For Outbound Calls", there's no mention of optional behavior for this feature on *outbound* calls. I understand the inbound behavior, and I choose to leave it unlocalized. I was hoping for a way to leave it unlocalized for outbound calls, and I questioned why this was thought to be a useful change.

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by phoneuser:

You're not an idiot, but the original post is correct. Under "Call Flow Updates", there's note of the option to use localized CallerID on *inbound* calls. Under "Smart CallerID For Outbound Calls", there's no mention of optional behavior for this feature on *outbound* calls. I understand the inbound behavior, and I choose to leave it unlocalized. I was hoping for a way to leave it unlocalized for outbound calls, and I questioned why this was thought to be a useful change.

You are correct. I never noticed "option to use Localized CallerID format" in "Call flow updates" section in OP (I do feel like an idiot, I knew this was gonna happen ). I understand your concern now.

sofakng3

join:2007-08-25
Kingston, PA
reply to anveo
Does Anveo have any plans for supporting outbound CNAM?

That's literally the only missing feature from Anveo...

ajhaji
Premium
join:2002-03-02
North York, ON
Reviews:
·AEI Internet
·Anveo
·voip.ms

1 recommendation

said by sofakng3:

That, and incoming Canadian CNAM.

dnglbr
Premium
join:2002-03-23
North York, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed

2 edits

1 recommendation

reply to sofakng3
said by sofakng3:

All we need is Anveo to support CNAM Pass-Through for outgoing calls and they'd for sure be our primary provider.

amd64now

join:2007-04-01
Orleans, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·Anveo

1 recommendation

reply to ajhaji
said by ajhaji:

said by sofakng3:

That, and incoming Canadian CNAM.

I agree with you here. Canadian CNAM inbound and outbound CNAM would top off the excellent Anveo service.