spc
Search similar:

uniqs

traker1001
@comcast.net

traker1001

Anon

Viatalk gone downhill?

hello, I had viatalk about 3 or 4 years ago and was happy with them. But for reasons, cancelled. Lately I have been considering signing up with them again, However, It seems they may have gone downhill. Very little talk in the forums anymore, And doesn't seem VT staff frequents anymore. Plus Im reading all over the place that Viatalk is having major audio issues.

Anyone here currently happy with them?
mogulman
Premium Member
join:2002-09-09
Parker, CO

mogulman

Premium Member

The forums have been pretty dead for a while now. Viatalk has been pretty good for me lately. Haven't had too many issues.

dcurrey
Premium Member
join:2004-06-29
Mason, OH

dcurrey to traker1001

Premium Member

to traker1001
Just signed up last month or so for another 2 years. Been with them since April 2006. Good until Jan 2015.

No issues hear just not a lot of board activity. Either nobody but a few are left with them or nobody is having problems with them. Take your pick.

This forum probably should be merged back into the main voip forum. Same with Teleblend, Vonage, and Magicjack. The sub forums just don't get enough traffic to warrant separate forums.

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium Member
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY

unknvoip to traker1001

Premium Member

to traker1001
I will echo what dcurrey said. My situation is pretty much the same as his. Been with them since April '06. I also just signed up for another 2 years, though for some reason, my next renewal is until March '15. I can't remember the last time I had a problem trying to make a call and I find the incoming call filters so flexible I almost never get telemarketers calling. They have passed the WAF test in my house for 7 years.

Most VT customers who are still in the forums moved on to other providers, but I never saw the need. Some had issues I never experienced and others I think wanted to tinker with a newer service.

bcronin
Premium Member
join:2004-03-27
Hyde Park, NY

bcronin

Premium Member

Ditto. Been with VT for enough years that I can't remember how long ago I signed up, and just renewed for another 2 years as well. It just works. No quality issues. Great call handling functionality. I'm a completely happy camper.

traker1001
@comcast.net

traker1001

Anon

Hello, Folks,

I think I may try em again. One thing though, Are you folks paying the fees and taxes monthly? That was one of the reasons I left, is that they started charging me $6 bucks a month just for the fees and taxes rather than just letting me pay up front with the regular payment.

dcurrey
Premium Member
join:2004-06-29
Mason, OH

dcurrey

Premium Member

They are back to prepay. You pay a few taxes monthly and others right when you signup / renew. Just send a trouble ticket and they will tell you what taxes and when they are billed.

My last renew came out as follows for $189 for two years. Taxes will very by state, county, city, time of day phase of moon etc.

The breakdown of the taxes and federal fees on the renewal are as follows:

Sales Tax: $13.70
FUSF (VoIP): $21.34
FCC Regulatory Fee (VoIP): $0.46

You will still be billed your monthly charges of:

E911 Cost Recovery Fee $1.48
Regulatory Recovery Fee $1.97

All said and done I think I pay $12.80 a month.

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium Member
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY

unknvoip

Premium Member

I renewed the other day when we were just past the first quarter of the moon. As a result, my details are:

Renewal $-189.00
NY Franchise 184 $-0.80
Excise Tax $-5.37
Sales Tax $-17.24
FUSF (VoIP) $-19.75
FCC Reg Fee (VoIP) $-0.46

Monthly:
E911 $-0.35
Reg Recovery Fee $-1.97
E911 Cost Recvry Fee $-0.48

TJ_in_IL
join:2006-06-10
Winthrop Harbor, IL

TJ_in_IL to traker1001

to traker1001
I've been with them since just after the Sunrocket/Teleblend failure. Had a few rough spots in the beginning, but rock solid since. Nothing new to report here...

Traker1001
@comcast.net

Traker1001 to unknvoip

Anon

to unknvoip
Well, I appreciate everyone's post. I am deciding between Viatalk again or giving Voipo a try. On the one hand I like Voipo doesn't charge me monthly at all and overall seems to be bit more of a straight forward and honest company. On the other hand, I have had Viatalk before and did like the features and the control panel.
k2rj
Premium Member
join:2005-03-24
Cape Canaveral, FL

k2rj to TJ_in_IL

Premium Member

to TJ_in_IL
said by TJ_in_IL:

I've been with them since just after the Sunrocket/Teleblend failure. Had a few rough spots in the beginning, but rock solid since. Nothing new to report here...

Ditto here, but I passed on Teleblend... I have to say that for the past 5 years it has been as reliable or even more reliable than any wireline service I've had. And the features (2 lines, call blocking & other call management) have given me pause when considering other lower-cost options such as Magicjack. The few problems I've had were taken care of very quickly.
Roman27
Premium Member
join:2006-07-17
Dundee, IL

Roman27 to traker1001

Premium Member

to traker1001
I've been with them since 2006 as well. Hard to believe it's been nearly 7 years. I've been really happy with them.

I don't really spend much time on this forum anymore simply because I don't have any issues.

As far as invoicing, I was forced to switch to the monthly plan when they discontinued the pre-pay. I haven't gone back to pre-pay yet. But, may do that in the future.
dmarkson
join:2007-07-26
NH

dmarkson to k2rj

to k2rj
Service has been great here over the years. I also joined from the Sunrocket fiasco. Love all the controls. Comes out to just over $12/month after all the taxes and fees. Just renewed 2 more years myself.
cablesurfer
join:2000-02-05
Thousand Oaks, CA

cablesurfer to traker1001

to traker1001
Little talk = no problems. Thats a GOOD thing !

huntermcdole
Premium Member
join:2005-08-01
Oxnard, CA

huntermcdole to traker1001

Premium Member

to traker1001
No issues for me, other than I wish I had swapped to the limited plan when they offered it. Still going strong since the sun imploded.
Spartos
join:2006-10-10
Philadelphia, PA

Spartos

I've been with ViaTalk since the Fall of 2006 and just signed up for another 18 months. I've only submitted one support ticket during all of this time and that was a question about renewal--not a problem with service! Excellent company!

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger to traker1001

Premium Member

to traker1001
I had Viatalk about 4 years ago but cancelled because I could receive calls from certain areas. About 6 months ago I decided to try them again. In the last 6 months i had to call tech support for problems. Right now i can not call out so tomorrow I am cancelling it again.

CajunWon
join:2005-12-30
Cary, NC

CajunWon to traker1001

to traker1001
Another Sunrocket byod refugee. And still on the Limited Monthly plan ( ~16/month after taxes/fees).
With 2 outbound lines & call routing options & great call quality I can't see benefit to switching -as long as my Naized SPA2102 keeps working.