Search similar:

uniqs

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

Passbook (revisited)

Passbook came out six (?) months ago.
At the time, there were a few discussions, so I looked at the app, installed apps from Target (I shop there once every five years), Starbucks (I never go there) and Walgreens (they're my pharmacy, but the only thing I buy outside the pharmacy is an occassional candy bar).
Needless to say, I've all but forgotten about Passbook.
Have there been any/many new merchant apps that work with Passbook?
Is anyone using Passbook?
Is it worth it?
Thanks!

Merak75
AKA "Vukodlak75"
MVM
join:2001-10-27
Willoughby, OH

Merak75

MVM

Never used it.
Don't know anyone that personally uses it.

Count Zero
Premium Member
join:2007-01-18
Milton, FL

Count Zero to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
I use it a lot. Starbucks. Living social. REI. SPG... Wish us airlines supported it

haroldo
USA

haroldo

Mastercard is getting into the digital wallet game »business.financialpost.c ··· -market/

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to haroldo

MVM

to haroldo
Pretty much for Starbucks only. Have not flown since getting it but I'm guessing I'll use on for American Airlines boarding next time I do. I did use it in Walgreens once I think.

haroldo
USA

haroldo

said by Nezmo:

...I'm guessing I'll use on for American Airlines boarding next time I do...

You'll still need a paper ticket to get through security.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by haroldo:

said by Nezmo:

Pre-Passbook I didn't. I have used the AA iOS app that generates an electronic boarding pass. That is accepted at the security point and the boarding gate.

haroldo
USA

haroldo

Can't say for sure, but the sign at the beginning of Newark's security checkpoint line said paper ticket and ID was needed. IMHO, I'd rather have the paper ticket in my pocket than get to the front of the line and have a TSA agent tell me to go back to the kiosk and print one.
andegold
Premium Member
join:2002-07-29
New York, NY

andegold

Premium Member

I've used electronic boarding passes on a BlackBerry at Newark, I'm sure they're set up to read them all.

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO

The Dv8or to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
Phone tickets are dependent on the airport and airline. I can get through Denver using United phone tickets, but Frontier doesnt have em.

bbarrera
MVM
join:2000-10-23
Sacramento, CA

bbarrera to haroldo

MVM

to haroldo
said by haroldo:

said by Nezmo:

No, I just flew AA last week to Dallas and back. Security accepted the electronic boarding pass retrieved by Safari web browser. Might be dependent on airport, but worked for me last week. I forgot to load AA iOS app and try out passport at the airport. Using passport weekly at Starbucks, works great.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
I liked the idea but it seems you have to download each and every app to tie it into passport -- one thing I wanted was teh ability to not have to download each app (like the Newspaper & Mag app doesn't have me downloading each paper).

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to haroldo

MVM

to haroldo
said by haroldo:

Can't say for sure, but the sign at the beginning of Newark's security checkpoint line said paper ticket and ID was needed.

I flew out of Newark last month. Used Passbook to scan my boarding pass at TSA and the gate. No paper necessary other than my drivers license for photo ID.

neuronbob
Cavs NBA Champs 2016
join:2000-03-30
Bedford, OH

neuronbob to haroldo

to haroldo
I think Passbook's implementation is poor. I downloaded the Target app and could never get it to link with Passbook. It's easier to use the app as a standalone. Passbook=meh.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to haroldo

Mod

to haroldo
MLB is going to expand it's usage... other than that.. I don't see the reason to use it.

Passbook has about the same appeal as Ping. It was not marketed at all and it's an after thought to go against Google Wallet.

haroldo
USA

haroldo

said by Mike:

MLB ....

Do you play "beat the streak"? (you can win $5.6mm)
Great app