how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

neftv

join:2000-10-01
Broomall, PA

Southeast PA Aqua-Homeserve

I just wondered if anyone pays for extra coverage for the Incoming water, Public Sewer line and Inside plumbing by paying something like $125 each for a year. It covers 2 events in a year up to like $2500 for each event. Basically I have the water line and the sewer line covered so that if the water line break or whatever I am covered.
The house was built in the 1950s. Ever since I got the outside covered they keep mailing me to cover the plumbing inside as well.
So just want to know if anyone pays for such a service and have you had to use them?

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7

said by neftv:

Basically I have the water line and the sewer line covered so that if the water line break or whatever I am covered.

Don't necessarily count on it. HomeServe also has quite a history in various states (and also in the UK) getting in trouble for sleazy business practices.

If you do decide to go with (or continue with) them, be sure to read the terms and conditions of their coverage. Many common failures can be denied coverage based on the exemptions. For instance, roots slowing the waste drain aren't a catastrophic failure and aren't covered, however if eventually it is completely blocked it likely won't be covered as it's a previous existing condition (roots don't grow overnight)

Acc708

join:2008-06-28
reply to neftv

I can confirm they contract the work out, are very slow to respond to sewer backups, and the last guy they sent out actually asked for a beer when I offered him something to drink.

I stopped the service because I felt like I was never a priority as long as they were already paid.

Expand your moderator at work