Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

EnigmaMac

join:2010-05-30
Calgary, AB
kudos:1

[AB] Optik TV/Internet GB Usage??

TELUS is charging me GB usage. I just signed up with them as well back at the beginning of January and my bill is $493.25??

Like wtf? I haven't even downloaded over 200GB worth of stuff. I don't understand this... I am being charged an extra $66.89 for bandwidth charges.

Since when has TELUS been doing this? I was with Telus before, back about 6 years ago or so and we never were charged for extra bandwidth.

Anyone shed some light or help me out please?
Thanks very much.

DanteX

join:2010-09-09

What internet package are you on?

EnigmaMac

Calgary, AB
reply to EnigmaMac

^ I'm on the 25Mbps/2.5Mbps Optik Turbo Package.

DanteX

On the same package as you but never had to worry as my Bandwidth monitor reported me at 700GB last month but telus only states I did 200GB and I got no overage charges what so ever.

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC
reply to EnigmaMac

Can we please see a copy of your bill? Until you provide this information, this is all hearsay. Thank you.
--
The more I C, the less I see.

Howmuch13

@apexcovantage.com
reply to EnigmaMac

What does it look like on the bill how is it broken down? Trying to understand where all that money is coming from. Do you have a screen shot of that page?

ruiner

join:2012-03-10
Canada
reply to DanteX

said by DanteX:

On the same package as you but never had to worry as my Bandwidth monitor reported me at 700GB last month but telus only states I did 200GB and I got no overage charges what so ever.

Do you have Optik though? If your monitor is running on your router then it will be counting IPTV traffic in that total as well.

DanteX

I am on Optik and my Bandwidth monitor runs on windows. never gave a thought into looking at IPTV traffic.

ruiner

Canada
reply to EnigmaMac

I can't remember if the unbridged Actiontec spams all ports with the multicast, but if it does its likely that your monitor is counting TV traffic.

Tornado15550

join:2012-12-16
Canada
reply to DanteX

What bandwidth monitor do you use?

DanteX

Networx Portable

WontonNoodle

join:2011-04-17
reply to EnigmaMac

Wait, so it's confirmed that Telus now charges overage fees?

Goodbye Telus.

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC

said by WontonNoodle:

Wait, so it's confirmed that Telus now charges overage fees?

Goodbye Telus.

Could you please point out the confirmation? I don't see any. I have a feeling this fellow has been charged for pay per view, or some equipment fee.
--
The more I C, the less I see.

ruiner

Canada

Most likely, I can't see it sticking if they suddenly added charges without any warning. Especially after they were quoted on the news as saying that they didn't have any plans to charge.

When I signed up they tried to charge me for the PVR that I bought on sale at FS. It took me 3 months to get them to reverse it.

Ano198

@telus.net
reply to WontonNoodle

No, they are not.
Original poster of this threat dissapeared.
So unless he posts a copy of his bill i do not believe anything.

Why are you guys always jumping to conclusions without any evidence.
Wonder.....

roach9

join:2005-04-10
Surrey, BC

OP, can you show us what you were charged, or can't you?

EnigmaMac

Calgary, AB

Well, I can try scanning it, but I haven't got this scanner to work. I have my Actiontek modem hooked up to my Apple Airport Router.
It just shows the days and how many GB was downloaded that day, I'll try and post a link of a picture when I figure out how to scan this bill.

roach9

Surrey, BC

Verbatum, can you tell us what it says under your Internet fees?

Mike_C

join:2007-07-19
Vancouver, BC
reply to EnigmaMac

Not sure about the overage fees but I'm pretty sure Telus' bandwidth monitors are not quite accurate. When I looked at my last statement it shows my normal bandwidth of 0.5-2GB a day. Then one day with 17.5GB of traffic.

South_of_22

join:2009-03-23
reply to EnigmaMac

said by EnigmaMac:

Well, I can try scanning it, but I haven't got this scanner to work. I have my Actiontek modem hooked up to my Apple Airport Router.
It just shows the days and how many GB was downloaded that day, I'll try and post a link of a picture when I figure out how to scan this bill.

Use your smartphone to take a pic of the said bill.

Block out any account info, name, etc... (obviously)

Post.

roach9

Surrey, BC
reply to EnigmaMac

EnigmaMac, judging by your silence and inability to take a picture in 2013, and your ability to add an avatar to your user profile, I'm going to take a detective-leap-of-faith and say you are wrong that Telus charged overages, and now you're just covering your butt from seeming dumb or undercutting Telus, whatever your motive is, by acting like an ignorant grandpa, which I am almost certain you are not.

Move along. The thing I can't figure out, are you a Shaw stake-holder? Pissed off Telus employee? What's the scoop here?

DanteX

Or maybe he is just not s confident of a techie like your self so cut him some slack ............... ok?

roach9

Surrey, BC

I'm less apologetic for people making public claims and not backing them up for days.

Particularly online, behind the veil of anonymity.

This guys is trollin' us.

iHateShaw

join:2009-05-16
reply to EnigmaMac

Where can I check my Optik Internet usage? I have all 3 services with Telus and when I go online and click on usage, I only see long distance usage?

DanteX

View your ebill and usage will be on it.

JammerMan79
Premium,VIP
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC
kudos:10
reply to EnigmaMac

give the op some slack.. judging by their previous posting history they don't seem to be a troll. More likely than not the bill just confused them
--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.

ruiner

Canada

The bills definitely can be a bit of a mess at the start or when you change your services. I'm sure its just a mistake, there is no way Telus would get away with charging without warning and without a way to check your usage.

iHateShaw

reply to DanteX

said by DanteX:

View your ebill and usage will be on it.

Yea, I did that and still only see LD usage.

DanteX

Try downloading your bill in pdf format

iHateShaw

said by DanteX:

Try downloading your bill in pdf format

This worked.......... thanks