EnigmaMac
join:2010-05-30
Calgary, AB

1 edit

EnigmaMac to a9

to a9

Re: [AB] Optik TV/Internet GB Usage??

said by a9:

I'm less apologetic for people making public claims and not backing them up for days.

Particularly online, behind the veil of anonymity.

This guys is trollin' us.

I haven't been keeping up with digital times these days, and know I am not a Shaw stake holder, infact, I hate Shaw. I love TELUS, I am jut wondering why I have all these other dates in jnauary and part in february, where they are charging small amounts each day that add up to $66.25 or something.. I will try taking a picture with my iPhone 5... if I can figure out how to upload it, or if I just upload it to iCloud?

I have to phone TELUS about this, but I will try my very best just to proove to you that I'm not trolling. I have no reason too. I have enough stuff on my mind and things to deal with. I will get a picture uploaded eventually here.
Mindman
join:2012-12-10
Merritt, BC

Mindman

Take a picture, plug in your iphone to your computer. grab the picture off the iphone. go to imgur.com, at the top right hit computer then look for the file and then upload it
fatguy
join:2006-07-21
Edmonton, AB

1 edit

fatguy to EnigmaMac

to EnigmaMac
...when telus lists the daily bandwidth chunks on the bill, they are to 2 decimal places.....they can be mistaken for dollar amounts i suppose if you miss reading the column headers....the total bandwidth also doesn't have GB listed beside it.

If telus were charging for bandwidth there wouldn't be just one person complaining....the forum would be overrun with posts.

pfak
Premium Member
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC

pfak to EnigmaMac

Premium Member

to EnigmaMac
See the Preview/Attach link? You can use that to add a photo. I think you're either misinformed or trolling.
ruiner3
join:2012-03-10
Canada

ruiner3

Click for full size
Click for full size
I would tend to agree considering their monitor finally realized I went over 400 GB.
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX

You have grounds to file a complaint as there is no indication of overage charges by telus and they even stated publicy they have no plans to do so .
ruiner3
Canada

ruiner3 to pfak

to pfak
said by pfak:

I think you're either misinformed or trolling.

I was agreeing with that since I went over my allowed 400 GB and wasn't charged overages.
Symtex
join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC

Symtex

TELUS is not charging overcharge right now. If we did, it certainly was a mistake that needs to be corrected.
DanteX

2 edits

DanteX to EnigmaMac

to EnigmaMac
Whats that overage charge work out to per GB? I roughly came up with roughly 1.9 per gig over which in comparison to the rest of the world is still pretty High.

I found this thread which provides some insight into what Canada and the rest of the world per per GB

»The Cost of Bandwidth - Canada versus the World

Also this article is in regards to the UBB debate which also sheds light on how over priced Per GB really is in Canada.

Tornado15550
join:2012-12-16
Canada

Tornado15550 to ruiner3

to ruiner3
But where have they actually *charged* $X.XX for internet GB usage?
To me, all it seems like is that they have simply listed your usage.
ruiner3
Canada

1 edit

ruiner3 to EnigmaMac

to EnigmaMac
I've said 2 or 3 times now that I was NOT charged for going over on the bill I just received today.

ano189
@telus.com

ano189 to Tornado15550

Anon

to Tornado15550
I totally agree.
There is not charge for over usage.
OP ,please explain where you see those charges you claim?

EnigmaMac
join:2010-05-30
Calgary, AB

EnigmaMac to ruiner3

to ruiner3
said by ruiner3:

I would tend to agree considering their monitor finally realized I went over 400 GB.

The pic that ruiner posted, right there.. My bill looks just like that, with the charges on each date like that. How do you blank out your phone # and etc? Do you have to use photoshop? or can you use something else?

I'm not trolling.. my bill looks exactly like that..

Tornado15550
Canada

Tornado15550

Just use paint, and black out the account info.
Drag and drop the pic into paint to edit.
CR1239
join:2006-11-04
Vancouver, BC

CR1239 to EnigmaMac

to EnigmaMac
said by EnigmaMac:

My bill looks just like that, with the charges on each date like that.

Those aren't charges, that's just the usage in GB.

pfak
Premium Member
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC

pfak to Tornado15550

Premium Member

to Tornado15550
said by Tornado15550:

But where have they actually *charged* $X.XX for internet GB usage?
To me, all it seems like is that they have simply listed your usage.

That is the Usage, in fact in the column above it says "Usage (GB)" -- there's no charges!

Tornado15550
Canada

Tornado15550

lol i accidentally addressed this to the wrong person. This message was meant for OP.

Janonsoe283
@telus.net

Janonsoe283 to EnigmaMac

Anon

to EnigmaMac
How can they even charge us for usage, when there's no meter keeping real time usage figures?
DanteX

DanteX

SHHH Hush up you dont go ruining it for the rest of us lol