All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

EmoHobo
join:2010-07-16

EmoHobo

[CenturyTel] So is this a mistake or is this how Centurylink doe

In January I transferred an account over to my name. I payed off the remaining charges and that month. Then the next month they charge me for January and February, when I called them to ask about it, they tell me it's a reactivation fee of a month and a half. I told them I payed the previous month because it was never disconnected more then just to transfer stuff over, however they refuse to budge on charging me for this.

They already charge me almost double what I was originally told to pay, they told me it would be $35 a month but they charge me around $60 a month and on top of this, I'm wondering if there's anything I can do or is this just how Century Link operates and it's best I just accept that as they are the only game in town.
Mr Matt
join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL

Mr Matt

Re: [CenturyTel] So is this a mistake or is this how Centurylink

What was the original account holder paying? Did CenturyLink send a check to the previous account holder returning to them the amount you paid? There might have been a change in billing cycle which could have resulted in paying for service for more than 30 days. I know of a worst case situation where a subscriber added DSL service and was charged one month in advance and for almost an additional month for their service previous months service. Most to the time the customer service representative does not do to good a job of explaining the billing process on a transfer of service. You might have a problem getting the same rate as the previous account holder if they had a promotional rate. Call CenturyLink back and ask for an explanation of charges. Look on your bill for prorated amounts which indicates that your bill date was changed. If you cannot get a satisfactory explanation, find the telephone number of your states public service commission in the front of you telephone directory or on line. Call the number that regulates wire line telephone service and file a complaint. That is the easy way to resolve such an issue.

EmoHobo
join:2010-07-16

EmoHobo

Yes I do have Prorated services for about $50 on there. They didn't explain what it was when I called them, just kept using the word to describe what it was, so I was very confused and the last bill was in the original account holder's name but I was still expected to pay it and I even went to their office in person to pay it, just to make sure if I needed to.