spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

td798

join:2013-01-31
Clackamas, OR
reply to Papageno

Re: Any plans to bring FIOS to Portland OR (inside city limits)?

I am in Clackamas and have Frontier FiOS. Features have gone away and prices have gone up after Verizon left town. I'm probably going to go back to Comcast at the end of my contract anyway since it is surprisingly less expensive. As a consumer, it is nice to have the choice though...

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
For what it's worth, the price for my double-play (25/25 Internet and (old) Extreme HD TV) hasn't changed at all.
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

td798

join:2013-01-31
Clackamas, OR
Not to take this too far off topic, but when I tried to renew under the Apple gift card promotion, I was told my rate for internet would go down, but TV service would go way up; in the end it would cost me $30 more per month for the same service I have now. I'll cross that bridge again when my contract is up in June.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
Yeah, it's weird -- I haven't been on a contract for a year or two now and my rates haven't changed. I don't know if I'm flying under the radar or what. I also know that they don't offer the TV plan that we currently have any more either and calling up explicitly to renew would change all that as well.
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬