spc
uniqs
ab4bd
join:2008-01-24
Venice, FL

ab4bd to DAVIDGR

to DAVIDGR

Re: 50/25 Upgrade for $10/month

I have 25/25 and I'm wondering if anyone who has made the jump from that to the 50/25 feels it was worth the $10.00

George
dmine45
join:2002-11-03
Fredericksburg, VA

dmine45

said by ab4bd:

I have 25/25 and I'm wondering if anyone who has made the jump from that to the 50/25 feels it was worth the $10.00

Me too. I'm on the edge of getting that deal, but also depends on other factors.. like a possible job cut

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3

Here is the real question.

I have 35/35. If I sign up, and weeks later try to cancel, do they put you go to your old speed? I know 35/35 is not offered anymore.

Also, good luck with billing for this.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere to ab4bd

to ab4bd
I also have 25/25 and have already decided that it's not worth $10 more every month to go to 50/25.
BobBass
join:2008-12-03
Exton, PA

BobBass

I just upgraded a few hours ago. Went from roughly 15/5 WITH ETHERNET to 58.7/39 for an additional $10 per month.

HOWEVER, my WiFi is lagging way behind. It was roughly 15/5 and now I only increased to 22.1/21.5 sitting three feet away from my original ActionTec router.

My new Samsung SmartTV just clocked in at 23.8/21.6 thru WiFi in our second floor bedroom about 20' from the router. In the same room, my laptop clocks in at 20.7/21.

I just watched a YouTube video and it ran great for a couple of minutes but then started "hiccuping." It's slightly better than it was before the upgrade.

Should I call Vz and ask for the newer "N" router?

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612

MVM

Never hurts to ask nicely!
BobBass
join:2008-12-03
Exton, PA

BobBass

I asked the rep TWICE if I needed the new router and she assured me I wouldn't. She said if there were any "problems" to call back.

I know from reading other posts this is a common issue. One friend just did the same thing and they allowed him to exchange his olde router for the newer one. He's only getting 25.5/30 with his fairly new MAC sitting only a couple of feet away from the router.
Bytezboy
join:2001-05-17
New York, NY

Bytezboy

said by BobBass:

I asked the rep TWICE if I needed the new router and she assured me I wouldn't. She said if there were any "problems" to call back.

I know from reading other posts this is a common issue. One friend just did the same thing and they allowed him to exchange his olde router for the newer one. He's only getting 25.5/30 with his fairly new MAC sitting only a couple of feet away from the router.

Just tell the rep that the router gets very hot and restarts itself very frequently. That will almost guarantee you a free replacement.

notsmart
@verizon.net

notsmart

Anon

I wouldn't do that working for VZ. thats a bit dishonest. and you wouldn't get a wireless N gigabit router anyways. good luck.