Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

[Cataclysm] Tips/Tricks for old content

This will likely only interest a couple of posters.

This weekend we had one of our guild families (husband/wife/son) lose their internet right as invites were going out for our continuation raid. They did what they could to get it remedied (so thankful for Remote Chat), but they were stuck with the "we'll send a tech out in 2/3 business days" routine. So, after waiting a bit, we decided to go do some heroic DS fights with 6 of us.

H:Zon'ozz... hey, that ball bouncing still hurts. Wanna know a neat trick? just let it hit the wall. The Raid dmg is lol and totally healable... and he takes forever to summon a new ball. You're welcome!

H:Yor'sajh... Spirit Shell doesn't trigger the "purple" debuff, and pretty much negates all dmg in that phase.

We stopped after H:Hagara (2 of us were actually fairly sick, and not completely bummed out that we couldn't go back into MsV... not completely anyway). If we find any more I'll try to share...

Anyone have any similar tips to share Achievement hunters and T-Moggers?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

When helping someone do the quest for ThunderFury the mob still doesn't fall flat on his face.

I thought he might so I cast nether tempest then though oh he's not dead so I moved and cast RoP and then dpsed him a bit and then he died.

It was nice helping a friend get the weapon. (so now I've killed both father and son of the wind elemental lords)
Wishflthinkn
join:2011-01-27
Bruceton Mills, WV

Wishflthinkn to Immer

to Immer
Well, I wish I could say it will not happen again but it is Frontier. The RNG gods will make sure that it happens when we are trying to do something. Hoping it doesn't. Haven't had an outage like that in 3 or 4 months. Sad thing was we are still waiting to know what happened. We were all bummed on this end also. Got the internet back a 11am on Monday. Hope everyone feels better. Was disappointed that I capped my valor on Friday on 2 servers only to get shut down. I had planned on showing some love to my alts over my Sun. Mon. weekend.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Did you forget the blood sacrifice to the ISP gods?
Maybe the chant too?

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
AQ 40:
Twin Emps: focus on one, they will switch places but your target won't change.
Viscidious (sp?): May only be soloable by a DK, pop Army when he gets to 1 hp and is frozen as it takes a certain number of melee hits to actually kill him.

Maly: 1123, 1123, 1123, 1123
Naxx:
Patchwork: Be careful, he still hits hard. I couldn't take him down fast enough as Frost and was too lazy to do it as Blood.

MC:
Attunement is received from a shard in front of the MC portal within Blackrock Depths which is a side path before the last boss.

BWL:
Attunement is recieved out of Upper Blackrock Spire. After going into the instance go to the left and clear out all the chambers, a door will open and you can continue. The quest objective is behind the last boss.
Wishflthinkn
join:2011-01-27
Bruceton Mills, WV

Wishflthinkn to Immer

to Immer
Well, I sacrificed my New Years resolution to control my language. Lost my temper when I was on the phone with Frontier but hey what else is new. I did not curse them on the phone but lets say that the back chatter was worthy of a r rating at the least. I will sacrifice my sons goldfish (Crackers) before the next raid. Maybe a blood sacrifice of a Frontier customer rep would appease the ISP gods. As if they would be happy with the sacrifice of a mindless drone reading useless dribble to a irate customer. "Sir, have you tried restarting the modem" is the start to a useless conversation." Here's to more success this week. Spirit Kings is not hard. Just sometimes late at night we get stuck on stupid. Note to self DO BETTER.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

It's all good, man. No blood sacrifices necessary. We'll just knock it all out this Friday night. If we focus on getting ourselves ready for Friday night, I'm sure we can knock out 5/6 MsV. In the meantime, stay healthy, be well, and happy hunting!