spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sprint fail

@cox.net

Good thinking

As if the 3g side isn't slow enough. Let's get the LTE side to match in the 3 different cities (sarcasm) that it's running on.

Sadly after 10 years with Nextel, then Sprint - I have ported over to Verizon for reliable service earlier this month. The decline in network performance by Sprint was an amazing thing to see and experience.

ocjosh

@clearwire-wmx.net
Sprint Network is so slow in Los Angeles, Orange county, also all the way to Las Vegas along I-15. One word, slow.... That also applied to LTE which is not offcially launched, 1.1 Mbps or so. Slow~~

When you go to smaller markets, Sprint is fine such as Rancho Palos Verdes but very spotty.

I will give it another 6 months wait, but not to evil twins V&A. We need to build competitions by our own, the people.

xirian
Premium
join:2003-01-26
Beacon, NY
kudos:1
reply to Sprint fail
said by Sprint fail :

As if the 3g side isn't slow enough. Let's get the LTE side to match in the 3 different cities (sarcasm) that it's running on.

The areas with LTE shouldn't have this issue, as the bottleneck is the backhaul and each site gets upgraded backhaul when they get LTE, which is why its taking so long.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Sprint fail
said by Sprint fail :

Sadly after 10 years with Nextel, then Sprint - I have ported over to Verizon for reliable service earlier this month. The decline in network performance by Sprint was an amazing thing to see and experience.

Sprint has always had spotty coverage outside of downtown city cores, and the speeds have been slow because of inadequate back haul. Will their network overhaul change that? I don't know, but like you I will switch to Verizon when my 2 yr Sprint commitment expires in May. I am tired after 4 yrs waiting for them to improve.
--
I will be perfectly happy if the budget cuts specified in the Budget Control Act go into effect. 3 cheers for the sequester. Take the money from the drunken federal spenders.

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
said by FFH5:

said by Sprint fail :

Sprint has always had spotty coverage outside of downtown city cores, and the speeds have been slow because of inadequate back haul. Will their network overhaul change that? I don't know, but like you I will switch to Verizon when my 2 yr Sprint commitment expires in May. I am tired after 4 yrs waiting for them to improve.

I tried Sprint LTE and it was horrid. The coverage had more holes than swiss cheese and where it did work, AT&T and Verizon 3G were even faster lol.
--

Fiber Optics is the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR Fiber Optic Forum