said by acadiel:
So if I'm jailbroken on 6.1 already and want to to to 6.1.2 before this closes, how do I go about that before re-jailbreaking? I'm assuming the built in update facilities in the phone and in iTunes won't take lightly to updating a jailbroken phone.
Its pretty simple.
1. Install "OpenBackup" from Cydia. Open the app and touch "backup". This will back up all your jailbreak apps/tweaks and their prefs.
2. Sync with iTunes. If you had an encryption key set for your iPhone backup, now is the time to disable it.
3. Restore to 6.1.2 in iTunes.
4. Set up phone with your backup.
5. Apply evasi0n jailbreak.
6. Install "OpenBackup" from Cydia. Touch "restore" to bring all your JB tweaks and their prefs back.
7. Finally sync with iTunes to restore your App Store apps and their data.
This is what I did earlier this week. It was quick and painless. I actually did while making breakfast and getting ready for work (I like to live life on the edge..)