darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

[JB] Seems like 6.1.3 will close current exploit...

Better get your jailbreak in while you can, though, because word is that Apple is now beta testing a new version of iOS 6.1.3 that closes the exploit for good.

Over at Forbes, data expert Andy Greenberg reports that iOS 6.1.3 beta 2 closes at least one of the exploits — a time zone bug — of the five exploits that evasi0n depends upon to succeed. And if one of those vulnerabilities doesn’t work, the whole jailbreak stops working.

Read more at »www.cultofmac.com/217371 ··· ilbreak/

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Jailbreak or have a fix for the passcode bug...choices choices.

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium Member
join:2002-06-22
Atlanta

acadiel to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
So if I'm jailbroken on 6.1 already and want to to to 6.1.2 before this closes, how do I go about that before re-jailbreaking? I'm assuming the built in update facilities in the phone and in iTunes won't take lightly to updating a jailbroken phone.

shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium Member
join:2009-03-02
Bath, PA

shadyman777

Premium Member

said by acadiel:

So if I'm jailbroken on 6.1 already and want to to to 6.1.2 before this closes, how do I go about that before re-jailbreaking? I'm assuming the built in update facilities in the phone and in iTunes won't take lightly to updating a jailbroken phone.

It nearly bricked my iPhone 4S. I've since kept it stock. Perhaps I did it wrong, but boy was that a scary moment.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious to acadiel

Premium Member

to acadiel
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you'll have to restore to stock 6.1.2 and then re-jailbreak. However, it's not worth it unless you had a problem with 6.1 that is fixed in 6.1.1 or 6.1.2

I don't plan on updating from 6.1 anytime soon.

spinJR
what exit?
join:2002-01-07

1 edit

spinJR to darcilicious

to darcilicious
i had to upgrade to 6.1.2 - we had a massive outage with the exchange issue. my mobile IT dept, best in the world imho worked with MS and Apple really closely. They just released the blessing for 6.1.2, i am scared they are going to say (they hinted towards it) that this will be the baseline revision for all ios clients. yup, ALL.... basically anyone that has an ipad1 is SOL.

im doing it right now, did a clean restore from 6.1 to 6.1.2 and restored (actually in progress). i will then JB again.

I dont care about password bug as I'd rather have the JB. phone doesnt leave my possession so im not concerned about a password ninja.

EDIT: Wow, worked like a charm!!!

disableEmerg
@wayport.net

disableEmerg to darcilicious

Anon

to darcilicious
I just installed the "disableEmergency" tweak from Cydia, honestly, I've always viewed as any action from the lock screen without unlocking the phone as dubios and a security risk. Being able to disable this "feature" entirely is is acceptable in my eyes.

pike
Premium Member
join:2001-02-01
Washington, DC

2 edits

pike to acadiel

Premium Member

to acadiel
said by acadiel:

Its pretty simple.

1. Install "OpenBackup" from Cydia. Open the app and touch "backup". This will back up all your jailbreak apps/tweaks and their prefs.
2. Sync with iTunes. If you had an encryption key set for your iPhone backup, now is the time to disable it.
3. Restore to 6.1.2 in iTunes.
4. Set up phone with your backup.
5. Apply evasi0n jailbreak.
6. Install "OpenBackup" from Cydia. Touch "restore" to bring all your JB tweaks and their prefs back.
7. Finally sync with iTunes to restore your App Store apps and their data.

This is what I did earlier this week. It was quick and painless. I actually did while making breakfast and getting ready for work (I like to live life on the edge..)