Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to Gone

MVM

to Gone

Re: Swedish equine meatballs

I don't really get why there is a stigma. Cows are way cooler than horses, but we don't have a problem eating cows... Besides, we've all eaten horse products if you've ever had gelatin...

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS

Premium Member

Horse meat is fine, as long as it's documented, on the list of ingredients, and follow the same safety levels as beef, sheep, pig, whatever else.
The problem is that these dishes have undocumented meat in them, and no one can say that these grades of horse meats should be in making it into human food chain.

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut to Guspaz

Anon

to Guspaz
First of all, my understanding about the big fuss is the fact that the horsemeat found in European meats has not been properly inspected and approved for consumption. Apparently there is some worry that certain drug residues used to treat horses have been found in the meat which has definitely not been approved for human consumption.

And now for your further education and entertainment, where hot dogs REALLY come from!

Bon apetit

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· o0GQQs8A

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00

Premium Member

said by lugnut :

And now for your further education and entertainment, where hot dogs REALLY come from!

"Hot dog" doesn't have any particular meaning except the general appearance of the thing -- i.e- different types and their manufacture are as different as night and day. Most are crap but specialty stores and some upscale supermarkets carry decent ones.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather to lugnut

Premium Member

to lugnut
said by lugnut :

I just figured they were made from lips and assholes.