Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

Virgin Mobile USA's first LTE hand set - Samsung Galaxy Vict

»www.virginmobileusa.com/shop/cel···tory:GIN

Not a powerhouse, but it is running Jelly Bean 4.1.

Virgin Mobile USA Adds Samsung Galaxy Victory™ 4G LTE

Given the ongoing demand from consumers for speed, power and value in wireless, Virgin Mobile USA is now offering 4G LTE# service to its No-Contract customers. Virgin Mobile adds Galaxy Victory™ 4G LTE from Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), the No. 1 mobile phone provider in the United States and the No. 1 smartphone provider worldwide#, to its all-smartphone lineup.

Savvy speed enthusiasts will enjoy the cutting-edge technology, high-speed# Web browsing and amazing value of this Android™ device with Virgin Mobile's No-Contract# Beyond Talk unlimited data and messaging plans# that start at $35 per month. Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE is available today in gray for $299.99 [excluding taxes] only at virginmobileusa.com and will then roll out to national retail and participating dealers in mid-March.

"With the phones customers want, unlimited data and messaging included on all plans, and now 4G LTE capable devices, we continue to provoke customers to ask themselves why they haven't switched from postpaid to a better deal with Virgin Mobile," said Mark Lederman, director, Virgin Mobile USA.

Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE is Virgin Mobile's first LTE device, delivering a postpaid experience without a contract and loaded with Android™ 4.1 Jelly Bean, which brings stunning graphical capabilities and an upgraded Google Now™ service, including contextual search. S Beam™ lets you quickly share large video files, photos, documents and more just by tapping the back of two S Beam-enabled devices together#.

Access to the speedy 4G LTE network from Sprint lets you browse the Web, upload photos and stream music faster than ever before on the 4-inch touchscreen display. Behind the scenes, a 1.2GHz dual-core processor handles with ease whatever you can throw at it. Other features include:

5.0MP rear-facing camera
HD video capture
1.3MP front-facing camera
Bluetooth 4.0
NFC capable
Wi-Fi capable
MicroSD™ slot for expandable storage up to 32GB (card not included)

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
and offering "unlimited" data again............

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
reply to dib22
Click for full size
Yeah, LTE, right....
Got one today at Radio Shack. Nice phone.

POOR SERVICE.

Virgin Mobile's LTE network maps are totally inaccurate.

shows my area having 4G LTE. Phone never went out of 3G. (and network preference was set on LTE)

MAN.. Look at all that purple LTE on that map.... EVEN in the surrounding county where I purchased it 25 miles away. No 4G there either.

Lost signal 1 mile away from the tower. when i got home I had 1 bar of 3G.

Trying to call Virgin Mobile to cancel this crappy service, I got disconnected 5 times. Thank fully, the rep called me back every time. They refunded my monthly charge. I'll be taking the phone back to Radio Shack.

sprint LTE isn't ready for prime-time here. Ironically, the rep says "no 4GLTE coverage at your location"....DUH!

Another thing......when you call 611 for customer service, it transfers you to SPRINT....then give you the customer service number in the Phillipines.

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
reply to dib22
PS. "unlimited" data is 2.5GB, 256kpbs after that. It does track it in your "account management" page.

PPS. No Flash player support in the browser.....

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
reply to dib22
UPDATE. 4G LTE finally DID kick in after I did a factory reset, but the range is limited.

Speeds and voice coverage dropped dramatically about 3 miles away from the tower. 5 miles out, no coverage.
Is LTE coverage this limited?

Nice speeds within 1 mile of the tower though. 26mbps isn't bad for a phone.

But I want phone coverage for more than 5 miles out. took it back to Radio Shack. Not a word said. SPRINT said "poor LTE coverage".......>I guess that meant "overall". Seems as the VM and Sprint coverage maps are a little different.

The speedtest image will show the actual SPRINT.COM tag.

Test Date: May 18, 2013 6:52:49 pm
Connection Type: Lte
Server: Winchester, VA
Download: 26851 kbps
Upload: 12987 kbps
Ping: 64 ms

External IP: 66.87.153.221

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

»www.speedtest.net/android/457628990.png

-----------------------------------------------------------

Test Date: May 18, 2013 6:52:38 pm
Connection Type: Lte