how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

christine

@wideopenwest.com
reply to christine

Re: Porting phone number from WOW to Ooma?--WOW Dan can you help

thanks guys! I was hoping it was an Ooma porting dept problem, maybe they didn't do it right the first time, who knows. It is currently scheduled to be completed, I am hoping it goes through without a problem, this will be the second time.......

wowDan-thanks for the feedback! If it gets rejected again I may come back to you! I love my WOW services, just want to save $40/month!

mtoy

join:2005-08-08
Troy, MI
reply to WOW_Dan
I ported our WOW number to Ooma several years ago without problem, so it certainly can be done. I can't remember if there was an issue with any password or PIN, but I doubt it. Good luck with it!

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:36
reply to christine
I know almost nothing about the process for porting phone numbers, but as far as I know, Ooma would send the request over to us that the number was being moved and when it was being moved, and then we release it at the required time. I don't know that there's much I can do, but I can try and pass it in the right direction if the second port doesn't go through. I've never heard of a password or PIN involved in that process, but as I've said, I don't really know how it all works.
--
Dan Della Terza
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone
CMTS Operations Engineer

christine

@wideopenwest.com
I am trying to port my wow phone number 248-773-XXXX from WOW to Ooma, port was rejected stating they needed my account number and password/pin. I called WOW customer service, they stated no password or pin was required. Ooma is retrying the port.

Should there be this much difficulty porting a number from WOW? I currently have Ultra TV (TV/Phone/Internet bundle)??

Thanks for your help!