how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

smportis4

join:2006-01-22
Nashville, TN

USG20W - Can you define a URL or just IP address in Firewall

I'm creating Firewall rules to allow outgoing access to only certain IP addresses. It would be more comforting to use the URL (www.whateverserver.com) instead of the IP address in some cases. Is this possible in Zyxel? I've not been able to find it in the Objects area.

It is possible to white list executables in the Zyxel world?

These are very basic questions: I apologize for my lack of knowledge.

Brano
I hate Vogons
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Fibe

Suggest you read through the manual first »ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/ZYWALL_USG_20W/us···_Ed1.pdf
Also the built-in help is very good

- no, only IPs can be defined in firewall, URLs can be defined in content filter
- there's certain level of control what processes must or must not run in EPS, make sure you enable Advanced settings while adding EPS object

smportis4

Nashville, TN

Thanks Brano, I have read through it, but it being quite long and quite deep, I found neither answer. Being new to firewall configuration, and this being a fairly deep product, a little bump in the right direction is always appreciated. So, thank you for the links to the manual, and the framework of the answers.

Scott

smportis4

Nashville, TN
reply to Brano

Also,
I've had this issue in the past on a PC, and now on a mac - why won't the videos play for more than 5 seconds in the PDF Manual? They start, then stop. All of them.

Just wondering if I'm the only one.

Kirby Smith

join:2001-01-26
Derry, NH
Reviews:
·Fairpoint Commun..

I don't recall ever getting the videos to play under Ubuntu, even with Acrobat reader installed. In Mint without Acrobat, it doesn't even react.

Somehow a security device user manual that can only be read by the least secure means (Acrobat or Foxit) saturates my irony meter.

kirby